chapter 4 - feelings

Beomgyu's pov:

i walk to school with high spirits today. This is weird cause excitement doesn't always last this long when it comes to school. this felt like dejavu. It was like the first time when i entered this new school.

Before entering the school building, I halt to take a glance at the flower bed to my side. Seems like the flowers bloomed well. I smile as I kneel to scent the sweet and spicy clove scent. The flowerbeds are filled with huge amount of pink flowers. Thanks to the school's gardener constant tending, the flowers look pretty today too. I don't like to tinker with the soil, so I could never do what they do. I have so much respect for them for that.

"Rhododendrons. pretty, aren't they?" I look away from the flowers as I look for the person's voice. A boy on the corner, hair tidy and black in colour, with very soft features, smiling at me as his eyes forms a shape of a crescent moon. His face portrays  a bit like a bunny. "ah... yes, they are!" I respond back. I notice he was holding a watering can. was he the one who waters these flowers? "they're very eye-catching, don't you think?" he winked and smirked at me. Obviously, I was taken aback by his attempt on flirting. the audacity. only then I realise something..

He looks... familiar...

I took a moment to survey his looks, recalling moments on where have I met this latter. then something in my brain clicks. Isn't he one of the guys who involved in a massive fight the other day with kai?

"Are you...?" I pause as I rethink of my actions. Is it okay if I tell him that? What if I come off as rude...

"oh, your right! How presumptuous of me." he hit his forehead with his palms. By how loud the smacking sound was, it must've utterly hurt. "I'm Choi Soobin." he breaks into a cheerful smile.

Seeing how bubbly his personality is, it instantly boosts my mood, "Nice to meet you, Soobin. I'm Choi Beomgyu!"

ah..so his name is Soobin.

We shook hands as he lets out a surprise gasp "we have the same surname!" his smile grew wider than before. I can't believe someone as bright and adorable like him engaged in a fight. "also, I don't think I've seen you around before, you new here?"

I nod my head happily, "i just came here two days ago, I'm practically still new here." he nods and hums in response. "It was Tuesday on the day you arrived here, right? I'm sorry you had to witness the commotion on your first day." he flashes an apologetic smile. I waved frantically at him, "no its fine! It wasn't a big deal. On the bright side, I think it was quite funny to have such a unique welcoming." I let out a small giggle as he follows along with a laugh. Damn, why gotta be so cute? Not my type though.

While thinking of such things, I heard a familiar loud voice calling out for my name.

"CHOI BEOMGYUUU

it was of course, none other than Choi Yeonjun.

I shook my head as i stood up to receive a hug from the other. i chuckle as i embraces him back. Even after years have passed, the only thing that have never change from yeonjun hyung is that... giving me a big warm hug whenever and wherever he wants. I honestly find it super endearing and comforting. "good morning too, yeonjun hyung." i caress the other's back as we release from the embrace. For a moment, i almost forgot soobin's presence until I heard the latter's fake cough.

"sorry, if I have interrupted. I'll leave you two alone..." i stop him by pulling his arms before he took a step to leave.

"no its alright! yeonjun hyung's just my friend! please don't misunderstand..." I said feeling my cheeks burn in embarrassment. Soobin had his eyes widen and mouth slightly open. Was he shocked?