Nightmares and Cuddles!

Himari got the sticks ready and put them in a cup. Basically, we have two sticks with the same color, except one. We draw sticks, and hope for the best.

"So, the odd colored stick is orange this time," Himari said as she shook the cup, mixing all the sticks. "You first years can go first to celebrate starting high school," Himari finished.

We all went in order by what our first names are. It went like me (Akihiko), Haruki, Hiroto, Keiko, Mai, Mizu, Yuki, and Yuko. To save time, I'll reveal the sticks we all got, starting with us first years.

Akihiko: Green

Haruki: Blue

Hiroto: White

Keiko: Purple

Mai: Red

Mizu: Blue

Yuki: White

Yuko: Green

Hina: Yellow

Isuzu: Black

Kosaki: Gray

Hitoshi: Black

Sora: Teal

Mirai: Teal

Akio: Purple

Sumi: Orange

Shiro: Gray

Saki: Pink

Takeshi: Pink

Atsushi: Yellow

Himari: White

"Wow, first time sleeping on the couch, let's go," Sumi said sarcastically. Everyone laughed. "Let's go to bed, I'm actually really tired," Yuko said while yawning.

I walked to our bedroom with Yuko. "Turn around or look away or something," she said. I complied and faced the wall. I heard clothes being thrown on the floor.

"Alright, you can look now," she said. I turned and saw her lying down on the bed. I started stripping and getting into my clothes too. It honestly didn't matter that she was there since I wasn't taking off my boxers or anything.

Yuko closed her eyes anyways, and had a faint shade of pink visible on her face. I smirked, but didn't mention it. I finished getting dressed and laid down in my own bed.

"Night Akihiko," Yuko said sleepily. "Night Yuko," I said back. We both fell asleep.

3 Hours Later~ I woke up and heard small sobs coming from Yuko's bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked at her. She was sitting up with her head tucked into her knees.

"You haven't grown out of having nightmares yet, have you?" I asked Yuko. She looked at me and shook her head. "..Sorry for waking you up," she mumbled as she tucked her head back into her knees.

"Don't worry about it," I said as I walked over to her bed and hugged her. Yuko's really small, much smaller than the rest of us. She's about 5'6, but she makes up for her lack of height with her vertical jump.

Anyways, Yuko's always had nightmares, ever since we were younger. It always resulted in her crying into a pillow. By the time we realized she actually had nightmares, she would always get over them herself.

She would focus on taking care of us, rather than making us take care of her. Not today. "It's ok, I'm here," I said soothingly while rubbing circles on her back.

Yuko's sobs quieted, meaning she stopped crying. I wiped the tear drops from her cheeks and eyes, and laid her down on the bed. I was about to get off, when Yuko grabbed onto my shirt.

"You want me to stay?" I asked. Yuko nodded. I laid down on the bed next to her, and she buried her face in my chest. I stroked her hair until she fell asleep.

*HIIIIIII! I'm back with another chapter of 21 Besties B). Sorry it's short, but I promise I'll write more of this story! I love the characters a lot since I created. They mean so much to me, as do my readers who support this book! Thank you for your patience and support! ~Kei-chan*