After Mom's death

It was only a month since mom died. Dad is very distraught over mom dying and I walked over to dad with my sister Silversky. "What's wrong Dad?" I asked. "Mom died of Greencough." Dad said. "It's not your fault that mom died. It was something that you couldn't control." I said. "Yeah dad Blackmane is right about that." Silversky said as Hobblefern and our captain Snowlight came into the healers den. "What's wrong, Wolffang?" Snowlight asked. "My mate has died from Greencough." Dad said. "Your daughters are right, Blackstripe's passing wasn't your fault. Cats come and go, but they are still here but up in silverpelt with the spirits beyond." Snowlight explained as Dad picked up mom and brought her to the clearing of the base. "Can all cats old enough, strong enough to run in our fields please gather around for a colony meeting." Snowlight announced as the cats of field colony gathered around the rock where Snowlight was standing. "One of our strongest rangers Blackstripe has died from Greencough so we have to sit a silent visal for her. And with that colony dismissed." Snowlight announced as we sat silent visal for Blackstripe. I sat down next to my kittenhood friend, Lightningbreeze. Lightningbreeze put her tail on my back. I put my head into Lightningbreeze's mane and cried. "Shhh, it's okay let it out." Lightningbreeze said comfortly. "Thanks Lightningbreeze." I said as Lightningbreeze met my gaze. "After the visal would you want to be mates?" Lightningbreeze asked. "Yeah Lightningbreeze." I said as we sat quietly.