~Prologue~

[Triggers: Fire, Darkness, Blood Mention, Weapons, Snakes, Needle Mention, Assassin/Assassin Mention?, Scars, Murder Implication]

~~~

        A cavern of blackness. It's nearly impossible to see anything, even with night vision; there's only a rotted wooden doorway, the iron hinges rusted, the door itself long gone. A small table, similarly rotted, sits a few feet from the entrance, nothing on it but a flickering flame in a rusty lantern.
        The light of the fire makes a defined circle of brightness against the cold gray stone of the floor, but the rest of the room is completely plunged into unforgiving midnight.

        A cloaked figure sweeps into the dark room, face cast into shadow. They wore a desaturated, tattered, bloodstained green cowl, and a black tunic and pants in similar condition. They wore no shoes; their dragonlike clawed feet were wrapped in old, yellowed bandages, scales a gentle transition from skin-tone-beige to lime green, the color washed out from the blackness around them. Around their waist were several brown belts, covered in pouches, sheathed weapons, and a quiver of arrows, as well as a holster strapped to their thigh containing a barbed dagger. A slender, lime green tail- scaled, though spineless- slithered behind them, and similarly colored batlike wings were folded against the figure's back.

        "I see you came."

        The figure straightened, tail coiling into attack position, revealing that it had the head of a snake, which unhinged it's jaw to reveal needlelike fangs.

        The voice that had rung out into the darkness chuckled softly.

        "No need for that. I'm the one who sent for you."

        "Is that so?" The assassin hissed, voice raspy and raw.

        "Quite."

        The being in the dark appeared to stand and step forward to the table with the lantern, but the black of the shadows, instead of releasing them, moved with them, keeping the stranger in a pillar of unpierceable shade so as not to reveal their identity.

        The greenclad demon growled and made to step back, but their tail lowered its head.

        "Now, now. Might I at least see your face before we discuss your... contract?"

        "I'm in it for the coin, not to get a new crime buddy. This is the biggest bounty I've been asked to pick up in years. We're not friends."

        The darkness leaned over the table and hissed quietly, yet almost threateningly,

        "Oh, but I insist."

        The assassin swallowed hard, before reluctantly dropping the hood from their head, revealing a mess of mid-length dirty blonde hair pulled into a loose ponytail, a variety of scars coating their neck, pointed lime-green-tipped ears with two stud piercings in each, and...

         ...A white, horned mask that covered their entire face, save for two tiny black eyeholes. A gruesome, fanged smile was painted on it, a web of hairline cracks running across the pale surface.

~~~

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee the pain has begun

~Chat, signing off, for now!~