Chapter 44- Never Whole Again

Tommy POV

"It's crazy to think how much my life has changed for the better since my birthday. I have a family, people who actually care about me. People who would give their life just to keep me safe. It's the most amazing feeling in the world to be loved.

That's not to say I haven't had my hardships. Losing so many people has been more than difficult. I wish I could have saved them... but it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm sorry I couldn't save you, all of you.

I wish I could have been good enough for it."

Tommy sighed, leaning back and folding the paper. He hid it in his desk, looking up to the sound of knocking on the door.

"Toms! Come on! You're going to make us late!" Wilbur shouted, knocking a little harder. "Mom and Dad are going to be mad at us! On their wedding day too!"

"I'm coming, hold on!" Tommy jumped up, nearly tripping as he threw on his shoes. He adjusted his crown, trying to make it as comfortable as possible. He still wasn't sure about the whole crown thing, but he was royal after all.

He threw open the door, seeing a very anxious Wilbur. He smirked, elbowing him. "Nervous?"

Wilbur rolled his eyes, trying to hide his bitten nails. "No..."

"Wilby." Tommy said sternly.

"Okay! I am... I'm playing for the entire kingdom. And today is so important! I don't want to be the one to screw it up!" Wilbur bit his lip, wiping his sweaty hands on his pants.

"You'll do great Wilby!" Tommy piped up. "You're the best musician in the entire kingdom."

Wilbur blushed at the compliment, embarrassed by his words.

"And don't you forget it." a voice said from behind. Techno appeared, throwing an arm around Wilbur.

Wilbur smiled, laughing. "Thanks guys."

"Hey what are brothers for?" Tommy smirked. A mischieveous look in his eye appeared. Without a word of warning he grabbed Wilbur's crown before running off.

"TOMMY!" Wilbur yelled, immediately chasing after him. "COME BACK HERE YOU GREMLIN!"

Techno chuckled, watching the chaos unfold. It felt like Tommy had never left.

Wilbur turned towards the older, pleading, "You're not going to help me?"

"Nope, this is too much fun to watch." Techno snickered, amused by how far Tommy was.

"You-"

"Hey Phil doesn't like swearing." Techno reminded him. 

Wilbur groaned in annoyance. "I'll swear when I want to-"

"I'm telling Phil you broke your promise!" Tommy shouted, racing down the hall.

"Like you haven't sworn today too!" Wilbur shouted, running after the younger.

Techno rolled his eyes, looking in a window. For a moment he could have sworn he saw Dream. He looked closer, only seeing his reflection. He shook his head before moving to follow his brothers.

They would never be whole again, but for now they were okay. 

And that was enough.

---------------

This is the end!

Hope you liked it!

I'll be honest this ending is kinda messy, but I don't really mind it! I really enjoyed writing this book! And I hope you liked it too! I tried my best with it.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I've got three books I plan on starting in the next week. I just need to plan them a little more. In the meantime I'm still updating the oneshots when I have time.

Thank you for all your support, it really does mean the world to me. I'm glad I can share my love of writing with other people.

If anyone wants to join my discord server, feel free! 

Here's the link! https://discord.gg/UbQXeGfp

Hope you have an amazing day!

-Snowy