CHAPTER IV

PARK JISUNG

"You messaged us at 2 in the morning. What in the world could be so important?" Chenle asks as soon as he sees me.

"Jiwoo," I wheeze, gasping for breath. I got here as quick as I could.

He frowns. "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

I nod vigorously. "She just agreed to be our friend."

He blinks. "What?" His face lights up and he lets me in. "How?...did you talk to her?"

I nod as I close the door. Chenle's bus stop is a 5 minute ride away from mine. His family is really rich, so their house is very fancy with a huge front lawn and backyard. He walks me to the kitchen where a big bowl of freshly cooked ramen sits. "I cooked for everyone. I think they'll be here soon." We both take our seats. "When did you guys talk?"

"Last night. Let's wait for the others, it concerns all of us."

He raises an eyebrow. "You're talking about Jung Jiwoo right? Our seatmate?" I nod. "Then why would it concern the others?"

Ding dong.

I stand up to get the door. "You'll see."

--

"Wait a minute, I thought you guys said she doesn't talk to you unless it's about group work?" Renjun clarifies.

"She doesn't," Chenle confirms.

"So how does she know we exist?"

"Apparently Chenle and I mention you guys a lot when we're just talking. And I guess she listens," I assume.

Jeno sits back. "How old is her brother?"

I try to recall if she said anything. "She...didn't mention. But I'd safely say older by a year or two. He's still in high school. I saw his uniform."

"I'm cool with it. I mean, we'll have to meet her prior to meeting her brother, but there's still tomorrow."

I look around at everybody else, and to my relief, they all seem to feel the same way.

"Okay, then," Chenle says with a clap. "How about we see you for lunch so she can meet you all then tomorrow we'll hang out to get to know her."

--

"Lunch? Wait, I didn't get a heads-up!" she complains.

I shrug. "Well, we would've messaged you, but..."

She glares at me and I smile cheekily, a bit shocked at my confidence. The bell rings, signalling the start of class. Throughout the morning I can practically hear her having a meltdown.

"Okay, let's go," I say with a look at my watch. We agreed to eat at the Subway beside school. Chenle and I stand up.

She looks up at us hopelessly. Chenle offers her his hand and she takes a deep breath before accepting it. "What the hell was I thinking?"

--

We enter the fast food chain and spot the other boys at a table at the far end. They wave us over. Chenle goes first and I stay right behind her, afraid she might run off.

A few meters before we reach them she stops to turn to me. Her eyes flash with fear and I feel bad for her. What made her so scared to make new friends?

I give her a small, encouraging smile. She closes her eyes and mutters something under her breath before turning around to meet the boys.

I move to stand next to her. All boys have their eyes on her, probably waiting for an introduction.