CHAPTER VIII

PARK JISUNG

After rushing for the past 10 minutes, I stop moving when the phone in her bag starts to ring. I lower my hand that was about to open the front door and take out the device.

JinwoO

The name suggests that it's a guy. That and the selfie that flashes on the screen. It's a picture of him and Jiwoo. It's weird to see her smile on someone else. On top of that, a guy.

Should I answer? Yeah, he's probably worried about her.

I slide to answer it while continuing to move out. "Hello?"

There's a good amount of silence on his end, and I can't blame him. Knowing her whole situation with friends and how she talked about him doubting her, yeah it can be surprising to have a guy suddenly answer your twin sister's phone.

"Uhhhh who's this?" he demands.

I quicken my pace. "Park Jisung, sorry. I'm Jiwoo's..." seatmate? "...friend. Her friend from school," I tell him, somewhat nervously.

"Uh-huh...where's Jiwoo? Why do you have her phone?" I swear this feels more like a conversation you would have with your girlfriend's dad.

Not suggesting anything, just so you get how scary he sounds.

Okay now, how do I not freak him out? Saying that she's in the hospital is not really...

"Hello?"

"She's in the hospital." Shit. "But she's fine!" I quickly add. "She just got dehydrated and pass-"

"THE HOSPITAL?!" Oh no. "What the hell happened?!!!"

I pull the phone away to save my eardrums. I apologize to an elderly couple who are shocked by the loud voice coming from the phone. I take a deep breath and bring it back to my ear. "She's-"

"Are you with her right now?" I hear movement on his end so I assume he's moving.

"No, I'm on my way-"

"What hospital?" he cuts me off.

I clench my jaw but try to understand that he's just worried. I tell him where and he ends the call instantly.

I scoff and board the bus. For some reason, I'm eager to get there before him.

At that moment I receive a message from Jaemin.

Oh, and she's trying to keep this from any of her family members, so yeah.

I freeze, suddenly hoping that I never arrive at the hospital.

--

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

If you're wondering, we arrived at the same time.

"Jinwoo, I'm okay, please, we're at a hospital," she says to calm him down. I gathered from the 2 that her legs are so sore that she can't really move. Before they could tell me anything else though, her brother kind of exploded.

Thankfully, he lowers his voice, but now he's even scarier because all that shouting energy converts into a terrifying glare. She seems to shrink under his gaze and I fight the urge to whack him in the head. Well, actually, Jaemin holds me back.

"What were you thinking?! Biking up a mountain after not exercising for nearly 2 years?! And what would have happened if you passed out halfway? Or if some rando found you?! Wha-"

"Didn't you hear her? She said she's okay if you were interested at all."

Everyone turns to me and I hear Jaemin groan and Jeno covers his eyes.