Chapter 8 : Little Cloud

"Grey!"

The girl had quite fond memories of their first conversation and had gone out to the forest to find him again. Who would have known in a single day so much would change? Monsters and adventurers all over the place. Parts of the forest blasted to pieces. The mountain had turned strange and dangerous overnight.

"Ah," said Grey surprised. "What are you doing here ragged kid?"

The girl let go of him, her head a few inches taller than his, and shook her head sniffling. "You still call me that? My name is Sho. You are rude. To not even ask for my name last we met."  

She pretended to punch his cheek. "There! Now we are even. Your older sister forgives you."

"Who is my older sister?" giggled Grey. He reached out and poked her back on the cheek. "This extra layer of meat here? Did you eat a big chicken last we met? If anything you should call me older bro, and I should call you little sis."

Sho puffed her cheeks. "Y-You! You are making fun of me!"

"Haha. Who can say?" laughed Grey, hiding behind Baylee.

"Come back here! Calling me a chicken. Then you must be an egg! Let me crack you open!"

Sho chased after Grey. Her hand raised to whack his forehead. Swoosh! She misses! Grey runs around Baylee followed by Sho. They spin round and round like a pair of rabbits! Baylee stood still watching the whole thing admirably but now this was too much. Using her like a tree. This kind of thing is too silly. She lifted her robes and sent both kid's flying into the air. She snapped her fingers and softened the earth and both children plopped head first into the ground like a pair of bean sprouts, their legs sticking out of the ground.

Baylee plucked Grey from the ground and whacked him in the head.

"Ow!"

"You silly kid. To use your teacher in your silliness. Taste the end of my staff. Let me crack your egghead several more times."

Whack!

"Ow! I'm sorry teacher!"

Whack!

"I feel really bad!"

Whack!

Grey covered his head and looked at Baylee with pleading eyes. The ultimate weapon of a kid! Puppy eyes!

Whack!

Baylee dropped Grey to the ground.

"You clever little punk. You think you can move my heart with those tricks! Puppy eyes! Bah! Didn't you forget I used to be a kid too. Reflect!"

"Okay," Grey nodded solemnly, rubbing his head.

"As for the other one."

Baylee walked over to Sho and plucked her out of the ground.

"You!"

Sho trembled with her eyes closed! She didn't know this woman! And now she was about to get hit by her!

"Are not even fat. Stop taking things so literally."

Baylee tossed Sho into the air and spun her round and round.

"Ahhhh!"

"It doesn't feel so good does it! So stop spinning around people!"

She gently set Sho down to her feet. The girls eyes were swirling in circles. Her feet wobbling. Baylee took her staff and then bonked Sho on the head. Sho fell backwards onto the ground. Defeated.