gender reveal (letter)

Hi Lena,

So this is actually the second part of the letter about the gender reveal for our friends. My hand was sore and I woke up using the last letter as a cushion so it was kind of a sign to start a new one.

Anyway. When I get myself together after the breakdown I went to dress myself. I already had an outfit layed out. It's just an outfit that fits me.

A blouse and pants. I love it. It's just so comfortable. Although I do worry about one particular thing. 'Is this going to fit me?'

I bought the blouse in the size L instead of my regular S/M so it has to fit. Right? I put my pants on which are in this case already pregancy pants. And surprise... the blouse fits. It's a little tight but who cares.

I put a little make up on and make a braid in my hair. When I open my door I hear Alex scream at me immediately. 'DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR.' she literally screams.

'Ahh but Al... It's already 11am I need my food.'

I hear Alex sigh and Maggie giggle in the living room.

'Fine. Mags will bring you some food.'

'Why me?!' Maggie yells.

I close the door but use my super heating to hear Maggie and Alex bickering over who is gonna bring me food. To be honest I hope it's Maggie because Alex is just gonna make me salad or something.

Eventually Maggie pushes the door open and a plate of foor get pushed in. Maggie just yells: 'ROOM SERVICE!' and then locks the door again.

On the plate I saw some sandwiches. They are healty with all kind of lettuce and stuff but it tastes delicious. I will eat it anyway otherwise I'm starving.

This is the one time I wish I didn't listen to you. You said I didnt have to put chocolate in our bedroom because we can just walk to the kitchen anytime we want. I could hace used some chocolate right now.

An hour later or something I coul come in. Everything look great. Not too much extra because I didn't want that. Just a bunch of flower strings with flowers in all kind of pretty colors. Not even pink and blue in particular.

There is this big cake in the middle of the living room with the colors matching the flowers on the wall. An the best thing yet, there is a picture of you. I walk around and put my fingertops on the picture of you. It's not a sad picture. You are smiling. I remember the picture very well. We went to the flower fields and I took photo's of you. Even though you don't like getting your picture taken this was so fun.

A tear escaped my eye. Alex and Maggie put their arms around me. 'Thank you, this is amazing.' I say.

'Anything for you little sis.' Alex says while kissing me on the cheek. We stood there, the three of us, looking at your picture. And I swear. For a second, it felt like you were there.

An hour later the party was going good. My friends colleagues and family were there. After somr silly party games it was time to cut the cake. But first I had to uphold the danvers tradition and make a speech.

'Well, hi.' I start awkwardly.

'Thank you all for coming. I really appreciate it and I'm sure Lena would too.'

I take a deep breath. 'The past months have been really hard but you have all been here to support me. And I appreciate that. I'm so grateful you're all here to find out the gender of this little bean with me'. I say as I proudly put my hands on my belly.

I do swallow away a numb feeling in my throat. My eyes are becoming prickly and I know I'm on the edge of crying. I swallow a few more times and then look up to all of our friends and family.

'Well, now without further ado....' I say. I get the knife. A lot of people would feel like you have to do a more creative gender reveal but I like this.

I put the knife top on the cake and to tease everyone I stall by looking around for a minute.

'KARA JUST DO IT PLEASE.' Alex yells. I smirk. Annoying my sister never gets old.

I push the knife down until it hits the bottom of the plate. I have it pulled up and make a triangle piece of cake shape. For the second time I push down the knife. You still can't see any color.

Then I gently (well, try gently) to manouvre the knife on the bottom and I hold the cake up.

Everyone starts applauding and yelling. I think Eliza was the most excited. She hugged me immediately.

'Oh Kara, I'm so happy. I'm gonna have a granddaughter.' She says with a big happy smile on her face

'Yeah you are. And I'm so excited for our baby girl to arrive.'

After that I just talked to evryone and we ate cake. It was very fun. I got a lot of gifts. The apartment is really trashed though. I'm going to sleep. Again. I slept 13 hours last night and I'm still tired. How?!

Love you. Always. Our family of 3. I can't wait.

Xx Kara (and little girl)

A/N Hi, it's been a while. I got a lot of comments saying I needed to upload again. So I might as well try to finish this book. Also, it's late I didn't check my spelling this chapter. Oops. Anyways, hope you enjoy :)