Interview

Sunday mornings are a blessing for us corporate workers. Only these mornings and in afternoons actually, and gets even better when someone hands you a hot coffee with newspaper and French toast, ahh! Bliss! It turns bestest when, what you see in newspaper make you scream with happiness.

"YAAAAAAY" I screamed.

"What! What happened?" Stacy came running out from the kitchen (that's Stacy, my roommate, my best friend and one who made coffee and French toast for me)

"There is a requirement of PA at Anderson group" I half yelled in excitement jumping up and down.

"Does this Anderson group have something to do with certain Mr Richard Anderson?"

"Yes, of course, he is CEO of Anderson group."

"Thought so" she said with eye roll.

"You know what this means?" I asked with excitement.

"Ya, you will apply for that job." She said boringly.

"Noooo. I will be seeing him every day."

"Congratulations, you got the job" she said sarcastically, clapping her hands.

"That, I will get for sure. He is so handsome."

"Don't go for just look. I, of all people, know that for sure. Looks are decisive."

Of course she knows and I believe her. Being a model, she is surrounded by good looking people, and yet she opted for a plain looking engineer as her life partner. No denying that Jake is a gem of a person and loves her endless.

"What about Jeff Carter?" She asked about my current boss.

"He is retiring in 2 months anyways, and I have no intention of being PA to that prevent of his son. in. law."

"I have the best example of decisive looks, just look at you, you are so beautiful and very presentable, but no one knows that you are a one lazy bum, messy, unorganized, clumsy and..."

"STACY!!! I will kill you." I ran towards her to stop her.

"And that reminds me, mom is coming tomorrow, you need to clean your room."
Her mom is coming! She is this cleanliness freak.

"Nooo. Nooo. Nooo. You can't do this to me. I can't ruin my Sunday in cleaning." I said begging her, getting on my knees.

"Cut it, drama queen and get to work." She said sternly and went to her room.

Just imagine, poor me had to do cleaning on Sunday. Such a waste.

_______

I got dressed in my white formal pants with dark blue shirt for my interview at the Anderson group. When I checked myself last time in mirror I see a beautiful girl of 23 who has her curves at right places, mesmerizing hazel brown eyes, a sharp nose and plump lips, dark brown traces curled at waist. What Stacy said was right, not the lazy and clumsy part paleaseee... I am referring to the beautiful part. Well! I am good looking. No, am not being pompous, people say that...

I reached the Anderson tower on time. The receptionist directed us to the meeting rooms where interviews were being held. There were lots of candidates. There were many rounds of interview that were going on, it looked like a circus. I was called, and the first interview was with Administration team, then HR team, then with the previous PA explaining my duties, then with again HR team discussing my package. And finally. Huff. Finally, I was ushered to the cabin of
THE RICHARD ANDERSON.

I was tired by now, but then this is what I had been waiting for, So the excitement level was high.

I entered the cabin, looking around. It was a brightly lit room, full white on walls and floor. A huge wooden desk at the center, on the right side was a comfortable couch in front of a TV unit attached with play station. Ohh! He played video games here. On the left side was a mini indoor golf court against a full height glass window. And yes there was a basket ball rack too. The whole space screamed the boyish nature of the person it belonged to. It was so lively. He was sitting on the leather chair behind his desk, looking at me curiously. He had tied his shoulder length brown hair in a half bun, his beard and mustache of the same colour, trimmed neatly. His eyes were deep blue, which can drown and girl in them, his strong and well build body seen in perfectly fitted suit. Wow! I can keep looking at him till the end of this universe.

"Miss Davis, are you here?" He asked me in his smooth voice, yes, I am very much here.

Miss Davis? He called again

"Ya!" Oh god, did I just zoned out in front of him? You made fool of your self, Jia, good work.

"I am sorry... I..." I stood there clenching my handbag

"It's ok, please have a seat." He smiled. I melted, he gestured towards a chair in front of him. Yes, I need to sit down.

"Thank you" why are you nervous, are you on date? Pathetic...

"As you are here after all the around, it says you have the job, congratulations. I saw your profile, its very impressive. I hope you will be an asset to us."

"Thank you sir..."

"Did you got all the instructions the previous PA gave you? They are very important."

'Instructions by previous PA??? Oh yes, did I...pay attention to them, No I didn't."

"Yes of course" I lied, hopefully it won't be difficult. Richard Anderson don't come across as a difficult person.

"It will be my honor to work with you" he looked at me with confusion.

"But you won't be working with me" he said

WHAT?