special chapter; father's day

m/n: hi, this is for father day's special. this might be a short chapter but i hope you'll like (or love) it. enjooooooooy! 💓

————
achairo nyx now a father

A smile crept on my face while looking at the baby caged in my arms. Nothing can compare to the happiness that I was feeling as of the moment as I hold our dear child, our daughter.

"Hey, cutie," I softly said, caressing her soft cheek with my thumb. "What's your name? What is it again?"

A soft giggle came out from her mouth that made my heart well up. "You're making dada cry with your giggles, little Zairene."

I heard Zairene's familiar laugh. "You're whipped, Nyx," she teased.

"I know," I replied with a smile.

She shook her head and gave me a peck on my lips. "Happy father's day, love."

I smiled and looked at our daughter again. Months — two months — ago, my wife gave birth to our cute darling, Zaisrene Nikeula Lopez. Her first existence gave me the happiness that I didn't know I would feel when I heard her first cry. My world once revolves only on Zai but when we had her, it automatically revolves around them.

They are the greatest gift that I had ever received and I couldn't ask for more.

———

"

Achairo Nyx!" A familiar shout ringed on my ear that made me panic. "Oh, geez, geez, geez," I mumbled, panicking to the fullest.

I walked around the room with a trembling hands when I heard my wife's shout again. "Tangina, Achairo Nyx! Where the hell are you?! My water just broke!"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at dali daling hinanap ang susi ng sasakyan namin. The innocent eyes of my three-year-old daughter caught my eyes.

"Dada, what's wrong?" she innocently asked, her eyes full of confusion.

I composed myself before answering. "Your Mama's giving birth to Chai," I told her. "Shit, right!"

I lifted Zais hurriedly and ran downstairs, where Zai is. She was breathing in and out, calming herself but when she saw me, a glare was thrown on me.

"Bilisan mo nga, Nyx!" she ordered, a twinge of pain visible on her eyes.

Dali dali ko namang binaba ang anak namin at inutusang mauna siyang pumasok sa sasakyan na agad din naman niyang sinunod. Binuhat ko ang asawa ko at malalaki ang hakbang na pumunta sa garahe. I carefully put Zai inside the backseat, letting her lie down before I proceed to the driver's seat and drive away from our house.

"Mama, are you okay?" I heard our daughter asked her mom. "Will you be okay?"

I saw Zai, on the mirror, smiled and slightly twitched her lips due to the sudden surge of pain. "We will be okay, baby. Do not worry."

A smile broke free from Zais' lips and nodded. "I’ll see you in the next hours, little brother," she said, smiling widely while staring at her Mom's stomach.

I smiled softly and a sighed came out from my lips when we reached the hospital. Malalaking hakbang ang ginawa ko papasok sa hospital at nakahinga ng maluwag nang agad kaming salubungin ng mga nurses at doctor, which is Zai's cousin from her mother's side — Jastech.

They took her to the delivery room and let me come in because Zai wanted me to. It's a good thing that Juridice was here to take good care of Zaisrene.

"Push a little harder, Zai," the doctor ordered and my wife obliged.

Her shouts was the only one I heard, while holding her hands firmly, until the delivery was finished. A soft cry of a little was then heard in the whole room, flooding my heart with pride and an unexplainable happiness.

Zairene squeezed my hand softly, making me look at her. She smiled and said, “happy father's day, love,” in a raspy voice before she passed out due to exhaustion.

After the nurse cleaned my son, they gave him to me and I held his fragile body with gentle care and a soft smile on my face. "Welcome to the world, Zaichairo Nyxzuel."

My heart fluttered when he smiled at me. Surely, a best gift for father's day.

—— MA(i)REVE ——

[m/n: my heart 😫]