Finding Love

My name is Lauren Williams or as all my friends call me, Ren

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

My name is Lauren Williams or as all my friends call me, Ren. I'm 33 and single for the past few years. Being single is ok when you're in your 20s, you can always find the next guy. But when you're in your 30s it's much harder to find someone. And what makes it even worse, than just being 30something and single, is now I am officially the last single person amongst my group friends and now always the third wheel.

Sometimes I wonder how did this happen to me? How have I not found the right one yet?

I mean, of course, I've dated maybe not so much recently but I have. And I was engaged, not once but twice, but I had to ended both after they same lies were told.

Now here I am at my best friends Olivia and Kyle's engagement party. I should be happy for Olivia and Kyle, and deep down I know I am. But I feel left behind as they both swore they would never ever get married. The promises that we'd always be the single friends who were always up for new adventures. That was until now, they are getting married to each other in a few weeks.

"Ren you made it!" Kyle strides quickly over to me, engulfing me into one of his big bear hugs.

Kyle has been my best friend since the first day of our freshman year in college. I met Kyle through Cameron my high school sweetheart and we instantly became best friends as we liked everything the other liked. I would play wing woman to Kyle because I'd help keep girls away he didn't like.

My sophomore year Cameron proposed and I of course said yes. I was young, dumb and hopelessly in love with him. Well my friendship with Kyle made Cameron extremely jealous and angry, well an angry and jealous Cameron, lead to a cheating and lying Cameron who then tried to blame me for his cheating saying I was cheating on him with Kyle. I forgave Cameron initially, spent less time with Kyle, and more time studying; but a few semesters later and a couple more girls who'd brag about sleeping with Cameron or the photos that would be shared of him making out with another girl, led to Cameron being ex-fiance number 1 when I caught him in our off campus apparent with a freshman girl at the start of our senior year. Kyle was there for me during the whole ordeal just like a brother would. I mean he did punch Cameron in the middle of the quad the day after I caught him.

"Of course she did," the gentle voice of my best friend Olivia as she punched Kyle in the arm and pulled me out of his grasp and into a hug. Liv has been my best friend since my junior year of college. She basically told Cameron within a few weeks of us being friends that she'd always be my ride or die and that he could fuck off and we'd still be happy. Liv was with me when I caught Cameron cheating on me with the freshman girl, I never told anyone that it was the third time I had walked in and caught him. But somehow Liv knew and would reminded him during every poli-sci class they'd share to "fuck off cheating lying dirtbag there's a 3-strikes law for a reason".

"Like I'd miss your engagement party Kyle? Plus Liv, would kill me if I didn't show. But I can't stay too long, I have edits to get done."

"You can't leave early. We need you here. Plus, you own the studio so your the boss," Liv said as she guides me into the backyard of her parents' house.

Finding Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें