Camellia

These days have been pretty tame. Nothing has happened to Manberg as Schlatt calls it. Niki and I have been hanging out at her shop. Even Dream hasn't come to see me, things have returned to almost normal.

I woke up this morning feel a bit off. There was just a feeling in my gut that I couldn't put my finger on. I chose to ignore it as today was going to be big. Niki, Eret, Fundy and I are going on a picnic today!

I was so excited that I ended up waking up 3 hours before the time we were supposed to leave. It was alright though as I got a nice outfit on and went to help Niki prepare the food for the day. We had stayed in the kitchen baking for half a hour when I hear a small yelp and thud come from the pantry. I walk over and Niki is on the floor with flour splashed on her. I laugh and walk up to her reaching out my hand.

"You having a good time there?!"

She laughs with me and grabs my hand standing up.

"Yeah, it seems that the flour was a bit aggressive today! Decided it wanted to attack!"

I shake my head, smile and raise my free hand up to ruffle her hair to remove the flour. She looks up to me smile on her face as well. I freeze for a second staring into her eyes. I never noticed they were a really pretty blue. She gazes back into mine that's when we hear the door to the shop open with a ding.

"HELLO ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THE PICNIC?!"

It's Eret and Fundy walking in holding a blanket and a couple of other things for the picnic. Niki and I walk out from the pantry into the main dining area. They look to both of us in confusion as Niki had flour still on her and my face was flushed a little red. We both look from them to each other and laugh.

When we reach the flower field Eret sets out the blanket and Niki puts down the basket. I walk over with Fundy and sit down laying out all of our food. We had a wide range from fruit salads, fruit, sweets, and some sandwiches. I looked up to all of my friends as we sat down and smiled at them. It was a perfect day to do something like this. The weather was sunny and there were no bugs in sight.

As we eat our assortment and chat about all we had done this week a couple people walk up the hill towards us. It was Tommy and Wilbur. Eret gets up slowly and walks over to them. They talk for quite a while. The rest of us look over to him in concern. Once Eret gets back there's a distraught look on his face. I decide now is probably a great time to ask before it gets too awkward.

"What was that all about Eret? Everything alright with them?"

He stares at me not saying anything for a couple of seconds seeming to think about what just happened.

"Um... I don't really know... they came to say that war may start soon and to be prepared."

I look over to Niki and Fundy as everyone just received this information. Niki's face was twisted in confusion and concern. Fundys on the other hand was in pure dismay. I can't believe that another war was about to start especially right after elections. I hoped today would be good but now we have to worry about this.

Tommy walks up to our group which now looked extremely distraught by the news. He ignored the atmosphere and began to walk in the middle of our picnic.

"Heeeeeey can I join?! That looks good!"

Wilbur walks up to us as well, but instead of joining us he grabs Tommy back by his collar and begins to drag him away. Will turns a bit back to us and began to wave.

"Sorry about him. We will leave you all be, also sorry about the news as well."

With that both of the boys are gone and the picnic is left in silence for a couple of seconds. I begin to speak up again trying to lighten the mood.

"Well at least we have our snacks huh?!"

There was as much hope in my voice as I could muster. No one seemed to be lifted out of the disbelief we were in. At this point the picnic was ruined.

We all begin to get up slowly and pack everything up to head home. It was now not time to think about a picnic we had to prepare for war. I walk with Niki in silence only making small comments on what needs to be done when we get home.

Once we are back Niki puts away all of the food that wasn't eaten and we sit on the couch in her house. There's nothing to be said. I look up to her and our eyes meet. She seems she's on the verge of just breaking. It had been a long last week and just as it had gotten back to normal it was time to change again. But before there is more to be said I give her a hug and stroke her hair. I want her to know that everything will be alright. She clings onto my shirt and I feel the tears fall.

It's like this for an hour. I let Niki get all this stress out of her system before I go up to my room. I walk up to my desk exhausted at this point, but grab a notebook from the drawer. I guess it's time to continue on being a historian.

As I'm writing there are many times I wish that I wasn't a historian of this place. It had only been a couple months now since I had been here and so far I had filled 12 books with its history.

After a couple hours of writing I'm getting more and more exhausted. I look to the time and it says 3am. I decide it's time to quite and I finally close my book and make my way to my bed. I lay there for a minute staring at the ceiling today has been a lot. As I sit there I'm only left to predict what might happen in the future. My thoughts just cycle through my head and I fall asleep just worrying what will happen.