Tulip

Today was the day that I would get to go on a date with Niki! We hadnt planned together too much on what we were meant to do and I don't think to Niki it was an actual date. I was hoping to change that today though.

I had been feeling different when I was around Niki lately. When I hung out with Dream it was a typical day, when with Eret and Fundy it was almost sibling love. Niki though was a different story. I couldn't tell what it was but with her there was a comfort and safety I felt.

Being alone for a lot of my life and then coming to this new place really has changed me. With everything going on recent and past events, new emotions has blossomed in me. I just couldn't place the ones I had for Niki though.

Of course she was a great friend, we spent everyday together and know everything about each other. It's just as everything went down and we went through it all together. I couldn't see my life without her in it. She took me in, always fed me, supported me no matter what, and been an overall delight to be around.

I had to tell her all of this now because I didn't want to wait any longer. So far it seemed in L'manberg it was calm, Dream said I wasn't needed to help anymore, and Niki was so excited after her land had just been taken back. It was the perfect time to tell her how much I truly appreciate her.

***

I walked up to the flower field that me and Niki love sitting and and find a good spot. We weren't going on another picnic day because we had done that so many times even if it wasn't considered a date. I just needed time to prep myself before I went on this date and told Niki what had been going on.

I lay down in the grass limbs sprawled out looking straight at the sky. There were a couple of clouds giving it character, but no chance of rain. I sighed and close my eyes.

God I'm terrified. How is this gonna go? I really hope that Niki is alright even if I still am a little confused. I hope she doesn't hate me after this. I guess if it does go bad I'll just move back to the community house.

***
It was time for the date and earlier in the day I had gotten ahold of Fundy and Eret to set something up for Niki and I. They had built a little restaurant and had volunteered to be our cook and waiter for the night. I laughed at the thought but was overly excited nonetheless.

"NIKI WEAR FANCY CLOTHES ON THIS DATE!"

There is a small silence before Niki screaming back in her sweet tone.

"WHY?!"

I smiled and was excited to see what Niki decided to wear.

"THATS A SECRET!"

There is a small grunt that came from Niki's room and following a bunch of rustling. Niki exits the room shortly after wearing a gorgeous gown. It was long and pink, fluffy and adorned with strawberries. It looks so cute on her I wonder where she had been hiding this.

I grab everything we need from the house that including Niki and we left down the prime path to the restaurant.

It was a small place made of stone and wood. Nothing too extravagant, but to Niki it seemed like the most wonderful place she set her eyes on.

"Y/N WHAT IS THIS?!"

Another smile appeared on my face. I feel like I'm going to be doing that a lot tonight.

"It's the place of our date! I shall open the door for you my lady."

I did as I said opening up the door for Niki as she walks in. Her gaze meets every detail in this place along with me. I gave Fundy and Eret a simple job, but I didn't think they would get this detailed with it.