i

(3rd person pov)
y/n was laying on her bed, tossing and turning with discomfort. it was a hot summer night and drinking a gallon of water hadnt helped counteract the humidity of her room, so she gave up on attempting to sleep.

digging out her laptop from under her bed, she started browsing through her notifications. an email from earlier that day had popped up, it was from her careers advisor. intrigued, she opened the email and saw an offer for a shadowing experience at the mercedes factory- a work experience opportunity that seemed far too surreal to be true. immediately, y/n sent in her CV and contact details, hoping her predicted a level grades would be enough to be accepted.

seconds later, y/n heard the familiar notification sound of an email alert. the message was from the secretary of mercedes, asking if she could come in for a quick interview tomorrow morning. y/n was in absolute shock- how desperate must they be to reply to her, especially at 2am?! nevertheless, as she lay on her back, staring at the ceiling, she started formulating answers to countless fabricated questions, untangling and ironing out her dreams of becoming a marketing director/ sports journalist.

the next morning

y/n woke up to the alarming smell of burnt toast. she knew it was kelly, her godmother who she lived with, as she was terrible at any kind of cooking. kelly was amazing, she was a 29 year old fashion model and part time designer, who had raised y/n for 9 years, ever since her parents were eaten by piranhas on a private cruise of the mediterranean when y/n was just 8 years old.
"breakfast is ready sweetie!" kelly shouted.
"fucking hell kell, are you trying to burn the house down?" y/n replied jokingly.
she threw her hair into a messy bun and changed into a bright red hoodie and black sweat shorts and a cute pair of blue light glasses, before running down the stairs to try some of kelly's food.
"morning y/n, how did you sleep?" asked max, kelly's boyfriend who would stay over a couple times a week
"pretty fucking horrible, i felt like kelly's toast all night"
"oh shut it" kelly replied, giving me a wink as she poured y/n a glass of orange juice.
"hey max, do you reckon you could drive me to the mercedes factory after breakfast?" asked y/n
"sure, may i ask why- or is it teenager stuff that you're not gonna tell me about" he replied
"hey, you're only 23 max, you practically still have teenage moodswings too" y/n replied
max looked offended but kelly laughed and nodded in agreement
"anyways, its for this job interview"
"see, i told you you would find one soon enough!" kelly said
"its pretty cool i guess, i just hope i don't mess it up haha"
max looked up "hey y/n, you're gonna smash is dont even worry kid"
y/n looked up "aw you're actually nice sometimes you know"
"well its hard when a teenage girl is your bully but i try my best"
kelly giggled "thats enough you two, now run upstairs and get changed y/n or else you'll be late!"
she grabbed another piece of toast, stuffed it in her mouth before spitting it straight back out "fuck this is rock hard" y/n spluttered as kelly and max started chuckling in unison