iv

*****
author's note:
hey everyone, hope you're doing well- if you have any questions or suggestions please message me! i'd be happy to have a chat and discuss anything haha
also please vote this story so i know my loyal fans want more! voting takes 1 second just press the star button ⭐️ :)

*****

"so?? how was it??" max enquired as i hopped into his car with a spring in my step
"oh you know" i said modestly "it went okay i guess as I GOT THE FUCKING JOB" i screamed with excitement
"YES BITCH" max reciprocated the enthusiasm and gave me a high five "you know this only calls for one thing"
"you buying me ice cream?" i asked
"any kind you want" he ruffled my hair and we drove to our favourite ice cream parlour

later that day

i lay in my bed in a tank top and sweat shorts, basically a repeat of last night, except today i had the strange event of the morning to ponder about. marinating the series of events in my head, i couldn't help but focus on that one particular character. my new boss had left such an impression on me, the way his stressed and stern mannerisms had softened as we made eye contact- i could practically see his hard, brown eyes letting my gaze in, allowing me to be capable of seeing past his tough exterior.

once again, the notification sound of an email forced me to snap out of my daydream. it was from mercedes, asking if i could start on monday. as today was friday, and i had no plans, i immediately sent back an email confirmation, which just left me with enough time to plan my outfits for the next week

i called in kelly to help me out and we spent the evening gossiping and having a mini fashion show. she was such a great guardian, especially since her parents sold her to a boyband when she was just 11 years old, so we were brought up under similar circumstances and were used to a no-parent lifestyle. although i was an only child, we were practically like sisters. i used to have an older brother, but he was kidnapped after saying he liked hawaiian pizza on a school exchange in italy, and presumed dead.

the rest of that weekend consisted of me doing the most research i could into mercedes marketing, and compiling several new ideas for their brand in case i was asked to present something. i was a natural at media marketing, and my 73k intsagram followers were amassed through me developing tips and tricks to get and audience engaged.

monday morning

i turned up to work that morning wearing this outfit but with a nice ironed white button shirt- matching the energy of all the emoloyees i had seen earlier that week.

i threw my hair into a messy bun, still work appropriate but just to get those juicy locks out of my face.
strolling into the building, i found my way to the marketing wing where i was greeted by callum.
"y/n, you look really nice today" he commented
"oh thank you!"
"come with me i'll introduce you to everyone"

after all the formalities of greeting all the interns and managers, shaking hands and forcing smiles, i was finally given a small area to work in. just a desk with a computer. callum handed me a clipboard with a list of tasks for day, mostly consisting of various research tasks concerning public consensus and trial changes within their social media accounts. boring stuff but it had to be done.

after about 2 hours of mundane work, i felt a shadow looming over my computer, and heard someone taking a  deep breath. instinctively, i turned my head back, locking eyes with toto. i could see the reflection of my screen in his circular glasses, and he promptly shifted his gaze onto what i was doing.
"oh this is good" he commented in his strong german accent.
he leant over my shoulder and took the mouse, and started scrolling through the feed.
"yeah i never would have expected results like this, but this is really useful, keep it up"
"oh thanks boss" i said and gave him a shy nod
"please, call me toto- what did you say your name was again?" he said with a smile, displaying a multitude of attractive smile lines
"y/n" i grinned back
"well, y/n, after your lunch break, i'd like to pass over some forms for you to fill out for me directly. can you do this for me?"
"yeah no problem!" i accepted
"good" he just smiled and nodded, standing tall over me with his hands in his pockets. " i'll drop them off at 2:15"
my stare lingered as he walked away, back muscles flexing through his shirt as he pulled the door open.

lunch break

"hey y/n! come sit with us!" i heard callum's familiar voice beckoning me over
"these are my friends: sofia- who works in engineering; lance- who's also in marketing; and dylan- dylan is in i.t., so if you have a computer problem, go to him" they all laughed and i joined in politely. the group looked to be in their mid to late twenties, all very attractive in a nerdy sort of way.
"y/n is the new intern, so be nice" callum joked, placing his hand on my shoulder
"how are you liking the cafeteria food?" asked sofia, giving me a warm smile
"actually really nice- this whole building is so cool aswell" i noted with awe at the glass ceilings and walls
"oh you'll get used to it pretty soon" dylan interjected "the people around here make it lose it's charm so quickly"
"tell me about it" said callum "you know i got shouted at again by toto the other day"
"yeah thats not hard to believe" sofia said "my report wasjust a few hours late and he practically flipped out on the whole department"
i sat there listening to their various complaints and stories about the man, and my stomach dropped as i wondered to myself how soon it would be before i'd have a similar experience .