F O U R

"Students, dismiss your guardians. It's not the end of the world; stop smooching. That's gross. Instead, y'all should be KISSING MY A-"

"All right, Barbara, that's enough! Campers, please report to your buses so that we may begin our journey. Parents and guardians should be on their way out. Thank you very much!"

Everyone burst out laughing as they entered their assigned bus.

I've got to admit, Barbara's sense of humor is immaculate.

Maybe entering this program isn't too bad after all.

Or so I thought.

"Is your name Jasmine?" questioned a girl who tapped on my shoulder.

"Yep! That's what my parents named me after I slid out of my mother's womb," I snorted. "Why?"

She gave me a look of contempt and continued, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jasmine. My name is Rose, and we'll be sharing cabins this summer!"

"Oh, that's wonderful!" I retorted sarcastically.

As someone who suffers from social anxiety, I must admit, the notion of sharing cabins with another living creature does not appeal to me. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to catch your roommate staring at you intensely.

I get it; I'm hot. But that isn't comforting.

Following our brief conversation, I strolled over to my bus, where I was fortunate enough to find a seat in an empty lane.

I swear to God if anyone else speaks to me or even glances toward my direction, I will not hesitate to slap the shit out of them. Living creatures irritate me.

A deep voice startled me as I appreciated the view outside my window, "Excuse me, ma'am. Is this seat taken?"

The individual tapped my shoulder when I feigned not to hear them. Ew! What's with all the shoulder tapping? Once I arrive at my cabin, I'll make sure to drench my shoulder with rubbing alcohol. Imagine the number of germs their filthy hands left behind. Actually, don't. That'll make you sick.

Without looking, I replied, "Yes, it's taken! Now, shoo! Go find somewhere else to sit."

"Oh, okay. Sorry!"

Once I felt the person's presence dissipate, I looked back to identify who it was.

No luck. The camper most likely found a seat and got seated. I honestly couldn't care less.

My eyelids grew heavier by the second and gradually closed on their own; however, the amount of snickering and shouting at the back of the bus tempts me to jump off a cliff.

~~~

"Wake up, Wilkins."

Due to the voice's proximity, it led me to flinch and leap out of my seat. There, the bus driver stood agitated by my presence, and I quickly realized that everyone had exited the bus, and we've arrived at camp. Great, I fell asleep.

How could everyone forsake me in such a way? Ugh!

"Sorry, sir," I replied.

My legs went numb as soon as I hopped off the platform. I was encircled by complete darkness and chirping crickets.

This vibe resembles a horror movie. For example, the character goes out for a late-night walk only to be tackled by a psychopath, then held hostage, and subsequently assassinated.

How dainty!

A/N:

How'd you guys like this chapter? I've been working on it all day, and I'm so tired. Lol. Anyway, don't forget to vote, and comment with your thoughts! Have a great day/night, everyone!