4.5- Panic

When Whim didn't show up after the raid, Scarf and Corvo knew something was wrong.

"I told you something was wrong!" Scarf worried to his friend "I knew we should have gone to find him!"

"It's only been a day?" Corvo tried to keep his morale high "He should be okay?"

"Should doesn't cut it, Corvo!" Scarf shouted as Stampy approached, looking at the two in confusion and relief

"You're both okay." Stampy breathed a sigh of thankfulness that the two younger males were okay "But where's Whim?"

"So Stampy doesn't know either!" Scarf threw his hands up into the air "That points to the last solution, Corvo!"

"Fine fine!" Corvo shouted back "He was taken by the raiders then!"

"Oh fuck." Scarf and Corvo had the same realization at the same time. "He's so fucked."

Stampy looked at the two "What do you mean he was kidnapped?!" He asked, jumping back slightly, the worry obvious in his tone "Do you know who took him?!"

The two nodded, Scarf running back to Stampy's inn to retrieve their supplies and stuff while Corvo loaded old coordinates Whim had given him into his device, breathing a sigh of relief as it showed the position given

"What's going on?!" Stampy, on the other hand, was trying to get answers

"Whim's told us to look out for a specific symbol." Corvo said "He said its from an old group he escaped from a long time ago." He looked up as Scarf made it back to where the two stood, unknowingly in front of the building that Whim had broken children out of when the raid had happened. "During the raid, I got a glimpse at the carts, which had one of the symbols, so I messaged Scarf and we hid, hoping that dumbass did the same." Corvo took his stuff from Scarf, also taking the string which held Whim's discs on them, which had strangely been left behind the day before. "Dumbass has a bad history with the group, so we gotta go save him now." Corvo's wings shifted in the new breeze "Judging by how long it took for the raid to end, and how far ahead they are, I'd say it'll take about a week to get to the compound on foot." He was now addressing Scarf "We gotta hurry, unless you're up for a piggy back rider."

Scarf shrugged "We'll need our strength for the escape plan." He replied "Plus, we have no clue what we're getting into." He turned to Stampy "You stay here." He said "You're a Spawn, and that's what they're after." His small quills seemed to bristle "Rebuild and we'll try to come back in a while."

Stampy, though reluctant, nodded, wishing the two luck as they slipped out of the city easily, not like anyone was guarding the big hole in the white and grey stone walls. Corvo and Scarf were in for a long trip.

~<^>~ A FEW DAYS LATER ~<^>~

"We're being followed." Corvo said as he heard a branch snap yet again.

"i'm aware." Scarf was the one who knew which direction to go, he was always the best with directions "Probably just other nomads."

"Who've followed us since we started going the right way." Corvo deadpanned "You do realize it could be someone from Bright Spawn, right?"

"Our main focus is on Whim, who gives a shit for whoever's following us?" Scarf asked, the two's quiet steps making them invisible when they weren't speaking "If it's those raiders, they'd have shown themselves by now, and they'd been dead."

"Not if we could use them as a bargaining chip." Corvo pointed out, the trees above the two swaying in the now wind, clouds seeming to appear out of nowhere, bunching up more and more.