First Time

Despite being in a large city, the night was one of peace and tranquillity, something which was definitively necessary for the one gazing at the glittery night sky, immersed in deep thoughts. It was ironical, how the surrounding environment totally contrasted with her inner turmoil. For a talkative girl, she found it hard, for the first time, to put it into words, what she felt within. It all started that evening and she still couldn't figure out why that particular song was stuck in her head. Actually thinking about it, it wasn't the song but the dance, more accurately a particular dancer who now seemed to have occupied her thoughts.

As usual during her live show that day, Manimegalai the VJ of the show, was hosting it with her usual joviality. It was a show where the callers are allowed to request for their favourite songs and in response the song is played for them. That day, many callers had requested specifically for a song which was a special release before its film, which was supposed to be out in a few days. It was a remix of an old song and had quite a peppy beat, which made it enjoyable without it losing its old touch yet with a newer essence.

This song in particular, was replayed numerous times that day and Mani being a huge fan of dance was enjoying it immensely. All was good until something stood out from the whole video of the song. It was this particular dancer who had danced parallel to and equally with the hero. It was obvious he didn't play a role in the film and was someone from the dance crew who had been asked to dance alongside the hero to enhance the moves. Also his attire and the often mingling with the background confirmed that he wasn't part of the film. Though all the background dancers had mostly the same step he constantly stood out from them and this was definitely not just because he had certain segments alongside the hero.

It maybe the reason why he caught her attention when they first played it but afterwards each time they played the song, she couldn't take her eyes away from this man whose dancing was so mesmerising and effortless.  Now, several hours after, standing out on her balcony and looking over the city, the simple thought of this guy brought a smile to her lips. The why still remained a mystery to her. Sure she liked people who dance, that was the first reason why she noticed him, for he was a wonderful dancer, also the fact that he was undeniably good looking had made him stand out but hadn't she seen others who looked good nor danced well all these years? Their thoughts never plagued her mind like this guy did. For after the second time, she had secretly started to wish that each caller would repeatedly request for this song in particular so that she would be able see him on screen. It was, to be honest, petty but she couldn't help herself. 'He definitely had a look and a style which would literally make anyone want to look twice or not take their eyes off him. Maybe what she was feeling was one of those attractions which come as soon as we see someone  we admire. Maybe there is no use to ponder over it to this length' she thought. Taking in a deep breath and making up her mind to not overthink the situation, the young lady moved from the balcony into her room, just in time to see her room door open and her mother to step in.

"Innum thoonga pohelaya? Indaiku shoot mudichu vanthathula irunthe oru mathiri iruka. Enada aachu? Kavala mathiri theriyala ana etho onda ulla potu kulapiyondu iruka endu mattum vilanguthu."

"Ma, apdi elam onnum ila ma. Summa work ah pathi yosichukitu irunthen. Epdi ithula mela mela pohalam endu. Like itha summa hobby ah than seiyalam nu thudanginaan ana ipo ithuve romba pidichiruku so ithula epdi ini adutha stage ku pogalam nu thinking. Also ipo studies vera mudinjuthu so full ah ithulaye focus potu oru nalla periya anchor ah vantha nalla irukum thane. Athan."

"Ithu un life da. Unaku ena theva theva ila endu unaku than theriyonum. Nyabagam vachuko, job endathu un life partner mathiri. Epdi unala unaku pidikatha oru aal kooda life long live panelatho athe mathiri pidikatha job ah life long seiyelathu. Unake nalla theriyum nee kaasukaha work pananum nu ila, so salary, earning endu kavala padama manasuku ethu pidikutho atha sei."

"Thanks ma." she said hugging her mother tightly. For some reason, the words her mother spoke that night held a whole new meaning that night. She may have spoken them referring to her work but to Mani, it didn't seem so. 

"Seri da, nee theva ilama potu kulapiyondu irukama nimathiya thoongu. Nanum poren. Seriya." Her mother said, affectionately patting her and moving towards the door. 

"Goodnight ma." She called out to the retreating figure. Switching off the lights, she laid down on her bed. 

It unsettled her as to why she would lie so blatantly to her own mother, a person she rarely lies to. She was definitely not thinking about her work. She was thinking about why that particular dancer plagued her thoughts but when her mother questioned her, she on spot came up with something. Also, why did her mom's words sound like they weren't just only for her job, it felt as if her mother knew what she was feeling. Was she showcasing her emotions that clearly? She maybe an outgoing bubbly girl and also someone who speaks from her heart but she was also mastered in not to show her difficulties and discomforts out openly. Anger yes but never her inner turmoils, for that can prove not only uneasiness to those around her but also can be disadvantageous for someone in her field. 

Finally not being able to resist, she took out her phone and opened youtube, connected her headset and searched for the song to watch the video again. The more she looked at it the more difficult she found it to take her eyes off the particular guy. 'Yaarda nee, ipdi enaku yar melayum attraction endu vanthathe ilaye,vanthaalum ipdi nightla pulamba vachathilaye, nee enda ena ipdi kulambi pulamba vidra?!' She thought while staring at his moves on her phone screen. The more she looked at it, the harder it was to take her eyes off the screen. Damn! Each of his moves were with such ease and fluidity. Not to mention how smart he looked in the simple attire of a same coloured pant shirt paired with a coat, a combination which when usually worn in the same colour is kinda hard to look at. He pulled it off so simply that made her question her knowledge on fashion. He looked good in all of them, especially the white coloured one, which just brought out his features for some reason.

After repeatedly watching the video many times and finally managing to exit the app and keeping her phone aside, she came to a conclusion. This kind of performance needed appreciation.  She was going to speak to him. Maybe a simple compliment on his performance will put her mind at ease and help remove him from constantly nagging her mind. The how she didn't know but she was sure if she tried a bit she can obtain who he is and his contact details. Making up her mind to inquire about him from her colleagues at work, she settled into a deep slumber.

Tbc....

Hey guys! Hope y'all like the first chapter.
Please let me know your opinions and comments.