3.

Taehyung woke up with the scorching afternoon sun hitting his face. He hadn't realised how long he'd slept there on the rooftop. It had been a while since he last felt the same loneliness settle in his heart making his chest feel heavy. Taehyung looked around as if in search of something or someone. "mom.." the term left his mouth on impulse. hugging his knees close, taking deep shaky breaths as memories of the past kept flashing before his eyes.

*flashback 2 years and 6 months ago* // mentions of death and heart attack.

Taehyung was sprinting home, he was excited to meet his mom finally after a month of his summer internship. but when he reached home all he was met with was silence. painful silence. his dad lying on the couch, whiskey bottles scattered all around the living room.

"dad?" Taehyung shook him gently, waking him up.

"Tae...mom...she.." his dad struggled, informing Tae.

his mom had passed away in her sleep. Tae lost himself after that day. locking himself completely, not letting anyone come near him. not even his best friend yoongi. shutting out everyone, wasting his days crying and cold food.

It had been almost a day, his dad hadn't seen his son come out of his room at all. when he went to check up on him there he was. Taehyung lay limp on the floor, no movement or so at all.

he had a minor heart attack is what the doctor had said.

Ever since that day, not just his dad but his friends always tried to keep him happy, Taehyung too realized it's not good to dwell on what already had passed and made sure to live his days happily.

*flashback end*

but that wasn't the case now, he wasn't sad because of his mom or because of lack of love. He was sad because Jungkook hates him. no matter what he did and how much he tried to not annoy the younger, there was always something that bothered him, maybe he didn't want me near.

Taehyung got up and went back to his room ignoring the others who were calling him for lunch. Of course Jungkook had to comment something on it but thankfully Taehyung wasn't around. Yoongi on the other hand wasn't having any of it and followed Tae to his room.

"Tae? Are you not having lunch?" Yoongi asked him, he was angry at him for trying to skip meals again.

Taehyung didn't respond, instead went on taking out his clothes from the wardrobe. messing the whole room.

"Tae? what are you doing?" Yoongi asked again but no response so he did what he had to do.

he pulled Tae towards him facing his puffy eyes and swollen face. the stains of dried tears on the cheeks were pretty visible and Yoongi knew why

"You don't have to listen to him Tae..he's not important" yoongi said but Tae just nodded his head not saying anything. Yoongi took his hand trying to pull him out of the room but was held back by his voice.

"hyung..hurts.." Tae cried looking at him teary eyed and Yoongi panicked.

"Tae, please sit down. did you take your meds?" he asked but got no response, just Taehyung clenching his hands around Yoongi's wrist.

"Hurts so much..hyung." he cried, Yoongi didn't know what to do. He had obviously told him not to take Jungkook's words to heart but he already did. He always does. Because it's Jungkook.

"help me hyung please.. please help–" Tae cried falling on his knees not bothering to wipe away his tears. He felt broken.

All his life ever since he lost his mom his life was surrounded by his hyungs, they became his world. taking care of him. loving him. never saying no to anything he asks. always there for him. yet, despite all of the attention he got. He wanted his. no matter the love and compliments he receives at the end of the day it's Jungkook. It's always Jungkook.

Yoongi knows he's being unreasonable and childish. he's aware of Taes feelings for Jungkook but he's hurt too. he's hurt by the fact how Tae just disregards his words, his affection, for someone who doesn't care about him at all. yoongi is hurt too. the one who's always there for him at the end of the day, at the end of every trouble, the shoulder that Tae leans on is him not Jungkook. he finds it amusing how blind Tae has gotten because of love and even if it hurts Yoongi he doesn't say. not a word. he doesn't argue. he doesn't revolt. he doesn't hurt Tae in return. instead he stays. stays for him because he knows the younger needs him and he'll be there for him.

"hyung...am I really an attention seeker?" Tae asks but before Yoongi could say anything Jin barges in their room.

"Tae, your friend is here" Jin mentions happily.

he wonders who though, it had been a while since anyone came to visit him. even his few university friends would meet him outside, only if they had work. Curiously Taehyung leaves his room only to see two males glaring at each other.

One of course was Jungkook and the other was Bogum.

"hyung?" Tae says, grabbing their attention.

"Tae!!" bogum says with too much enthusiasm rushing towards him and pulling him in a bone crushing hug.

Taehyung noticed Jungkook who was glaring at the two of them. Taehyung quickly broke the hug stepping away

"hyung what are you doing here?" Taehyung inquired, he didn't expect him to be here at their place.

"oh! stop acting so innocent" Jungkook's voice resonated and Taehyung quickly looked away as tears automatically pooled in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Joon asked but Jungkook just let out a dry chuckle, shaking his head.

"say Taehyung." Jungkook spoke, the irritation and frustration clearly visible in his voice.

"Are our hyungs not giving you enough attention huh? that you had to bring him here?" Taehyung was speechless. He didn't know what to say. He knew there's no point defending himself because Jungkook would never believe him. He stood still listening to him. taking in every word he said. his heart piercing with every word that spilled from his mouth.

he wondered, how long could he go on like this? how long until he breaks completely? so instead of running away, instead of crying he steps forward with fisted hands, walking over to Jungkook taking everyone by surprise.

"didn't you hear me? I asked you to stay out of my sight" Jungkook snarls at him anger and hate evident enough for Tae to understand but instead of doing anything else, Tae shows off his beautiful boxy smile to Jungkook, tears visible at the corner of his eyes when he throws his arms around Jungkook, remembering his dads words

be nice to people Tae, even if they don't treat you well.