🌟𝐼𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈🌟

Tech let the small Pantoran snuggle close to his chest, softly drifting off to sleep, as he continued to work on his project on his datapad

Tech let the small Pantoran snuggle close to his chest, softly drifting off to sleep, as he continued to work on his project on his datapad. He would have stayed there like that for hours, happily content with the soft comfort that Star provided him but he knew he had warn out his welcome as the hours of the night grew heavier and heavier. He gently picked up Star, cradling her against his chest like a sleeping princess before laying her down on her bed. He noticed in that moment how peaceful she looked. She was so small and soft, she had a serenity and a curiosity that Tech had never known. He reached down and gently brushed several stray strands of pale violet colored hair out of her face before leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead, a goodnight kiss. Even though she was asleep, Tech noticed the soft hum that fell from her lips as he kissed her. He also took note of the blooming smile on her lips before she rolled over onto her side and continued to sleep peacefully. And with that he finally left the woman to sleep peacefully as he returned to his brother's barracks to finish up a few things on his project. His project, he never did answer Star's question, which was for good reason. He had been researching her disease and what he had found was not pleasing news. He didn't know if Lama Su knew but he had a nagging feeling she did. Based off of his most recent research, Star's condition would continue to worsen at a rapid rate until even sterilized air would kill her. It was only a matter of time until Star's eyes closed for the last time. He was pulled out of his thoughts of Star's deteriozing state at the sound of his CT number being called by none other than Lama Su herself. He tried his best not to scowl at the woman but he knew his emotions were clean on his expression. "Did you know about the severity of Star's condition?" He asked, not even giving her a chance to question where he was coming from or headed to. He was tired of the bullshit and Tech wanted nothing more than to cut to the chase. He wanted the facts and nothing else. Lama Su sighed and for a moment she even seemed disappointed. "You have found out, I assume, that one day Star Light will die regardless of the quality of the air she breathes." Tech nodded. "I think it's time you cure her rather than brushing her aside." "There is no cure." Lama Su said flatly. "What? No, there has to be something." He replied, his voice came off a bit more frantically then he would have liked for it to have. Lama Su shook her head. "I have also been researching the disease since the day she was given to us for her care. There is nothing we can do besides make her comfortable in the ignorance of her state until the date of her end passes."

After a considerable amount of research Tech proved Lama Su correct about the lack of a cure for Star's disease, to his dismay.  An idea had been nagging at the back of his mind, one he wasn't certain of, but nevertheless, it was an idea that he could maybe save and use for later. "Are we going on any missions any time soon?" He asked Hunter who shrugged as he put his armor on, preparing for the day. "Not that I know of." He replied before narrowing his eyes at his brother. "Why?" He asked and Tech did his best to be as vague as possible. "No reason." He lied terribly. "I-I was just wondering." He added as he stumbled over his words and Hunter chuckled. "Does this have something to do with that girl?" He asked with a raised brow and instantly Tech flushed. "No." He insisted. "I was j-just wondering because-because I need to make some important repairs, yes! Repairs! I need to make some important- very important- repairs to the ship before our next mission and I uh I need it to be available so I can do so." Hunter shrugged again but a smirk lingered on his lips as he listened to Tech stumble over his words in a desperate attempt to lie. He knew Tech was up to something that involved Star but didn't know exactly what. He was just glad his brother finally met someone. "If you say so, Tech." Hunter replied. "But don't forget to use protection." "WhAT?!" Tech nearly shrieked, his face becoming much more red then it already was. "Protection for the ship. Make sure the stabilizers and shields are functioning." Hunter replied with a small grin. Tech nodded ferociously. "Y-yes of course I would never forget." He stuttered before finally getting out of the barracks and heading to Star's quarters.

Star's forearms were absolutely covered in purple paint. She had been hard at work all morning, creating another mural on the floor of her quarters. Tech's eyes widened at the sight. "Miss-miss star?" He questioned and Star turned to see him as a smile bloomed across her face. "Tech!" She cheered as she jumped up to her feet and trotted over to him. "I didn't even hear you come in!" She added before pressing a quick kiss to his cheek and taking his hand in hers to drag him over to her work. Even with the experience of her last kiss Tech still couldn't stop the blush that blossomed on his face. "C'mere I want your opinion on something." She said as she led him to her current work in progress. Tech looked down at the mural and his eyes widened as he took in the display. "Is that- are those the flowers I gave you?" He asked and Star smiled sheepishly as she brushed some of her violet colored hair behind her ear. "Yes." She replied. "Do you like it?" She asked with bright eyes. Tech was speechless. The painting was beautiful, perfect even. "I love it, Star." He said as he turned to look down at her. "It's beautiful." He replied. Star smiled up at him, the star shaped pale yellow tattoos on her cheeks crinkled from her grin. "Tech I-" She began but was cut off as her hand instantly came to her chest and she began to cough. At first it seemed as if she had just a small tickle in her throat but the coughing didn't end. She wadded up one of her spare rags in her hand, holding it in a firm first, as she brought it to cover her mouth. "Miss Star!" Tech shouted. "Are you alright?" But he knew what was wrong. Her health was deteriorating just as it should. Her medical condition was worsening and this episode was only a harbinger of what was to come. Finally the coughing seemed to slow down and Star drew in several shaky breaths as she tried to stabilize herself. "Sorry Tech-" She said as she let out another cough into her rag. "I don't know what came over me." She said but Tech knew. He knew all too well. "It's alright." He smiled. "It happens. There's no need to apologize." Star smiled back up at him before taking a glance down at her rag wadded up in her hand. She kept her expression steady but what she saw terrified her. In her fisted cloth was soaked with blood from her lungs.

Star Light's days were numbered. The thought nagged at Tech's mind as he watched the girl continue to paint. His eyes lingered on the intricate braid that secured her long pale purple hair. One thick braid reached down to her knees with smaller and tighter braids woven in between the main braid, crossing in an X formation. The braid as a whole was littered and adorned with a few of the flowers Tech had brought her which brought a smile to his face. He remembered when he met the pantoran. She had been reading about Naboo and expressed how much she wanted to see it one day. And why shouldn't she see it? He could manage that, couldn't he? Tech was a smart young man. He could manage getting her to Naboo to see the world before one day it was too late and he could bring her home without any harm done no problem. The Havoc had oxygen masks which supplied sterilized oxygen to the user. Yes he could swing that for sure and Star deserved to see some of the galaxy before it was too late. "How would you like to see Naboo?" Tech asked all of a sudden and Star Scoffed with a slight chuckle as she stood from her work to look up at him. "I'd love to. More than anything." She replied as she grabbed a spare rag to clean up her hands, her masterpiece finished. "But I can't. Lama Su forbids for me to leave. You know this." She said and Tech nodded. "But what if we could come back before anyone ever knew you were gone?" He offered and Star couldn't believe what she was hearing. Tech always seemed to be a "By the book" type of man. He never improvised unless he needed to. But every risk he took was carefully calculated. "Tech, you can't be serious." "I am." He reached out and took her small hands in his. "We could go to Naboo, just you and I, mesh'la." The mandoan sentiment caused her to blush, shades of indigo covering her cheeks. "You deserve to see the world you study so curiously." He said. "So why not?" Star's golden irises looked up at him, the height difference between them was vast. She searched him, trying to see if he was playing a joke on her. But all she saw was the kind and soft demeanor of Tech, the man who had fallen for her. "Alright." She said, squeezing his hands softly. "Let's do it."

"