🌟𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉🌟

Dusk had fallen on Naboo

Dusk had fallen on Naboo. Tech had promised the pantoran medic in training that they couldn't stay too late if they wanted to return undetected, but even he wanted to stay away from Kamino as long as possible. With the sun beginning to set, Tech laid down in the flowery field with Star laying on his chest. "You see the world through the eyes of a technological genius." Star spoke, the two had been busy talking for what felt like hours. They had talked about everything from the ongoing clone wars to their opinions on blue milk. Star and Tech had one thing in common for sure, they were both talkative and could keep company with anyone for hours. But Tech enjoyed the company of the pantoran and she enjoyed his company as well. They were two souls just desperate for the attention of another person. And finally they had it. "But you should try to see the world through the eyes of an artist." Star mused. "Through my eyes." She finally finished. "And how is that?" Tech asked, his mind curious at the suggestion. "How is that different from how I see the world?" He asked and Star hummed delighted as she thought of the proper response. "Artists see much more in the world than everyone else. Where some people just see a green tree an artist will notice every single color and shade of green in the tree. We look at the night sky and don't just see stars but we see swirls of color and light all churning around each other, mixing and cascading in a way that just makes sense and creates the perfect Starry Night. Don't you see it too, Tech? The way the colors dance with each other in harmony?" "I-" Tech began, ready to deny her of her spontaneous artistic claims but that's when he noticed something about the night sky. There was something there, a pattern. There was a pattern in the direction that the light of the stars moved around each other, moving like the current in a stream of water. It was elegant and yet spirited. "I do see it, yes." He finally admitted. "I've never noticed it before." He added and as he gazed up at the stars his hand moved down to grasp hers, holding her hand in his. Star's fingers welcomed his hand, wrapping around his large hand happily and accepting the gesture. Tech's thumb gently brushed against her skin and Star hummed happily at the gesture. For just a few moments everything was perfect between them. They were at peace and life was less fearful for just a few moments. But then, as all things do, that moment ended.

Tech could feel alarm rush through him the second he heard the sound of Star's fierce coughing. He sat up and looked down to see the pantoran had removed her oxygen mask. In a panic he grabbed it quickly and brought it back up to her to put it back on her. "No." Star said softly which caused Tech's eyes to widen. "Star what do you mean no?" He hissed as he continued to try to fight her gentle resistance. "The air- it will kill you." "Because it's toxic?" Star asked. "Or because of my disease?" Her question caught him off guard. Tech didn't think she knew about her state. "How did you- how did you find out?" He asked as and Star sighed as she coughed once more. Tech reached out to hold her and she scooted into his lap, his arms folded around her perfectly and he removed his helmet. "I always wondered why Lama Su kept me hidden like she did." Star began, her breathing growing shallow as she spoke. "So one day I snuck her datapad during medic training and there it was. All the research on me and my disease." She informed him before letting another raspy cough fall from her lips. Her entire tiny body convulsed as she coughed, droplets of blood sprayed onto her fist as she coughed into it. "Then please let me help you." Tech insisted but she refused again. "I like you Tech, a lot." She admitted, "But I can't give you the happiness you deserve." "What do you mean?" "Tech one day I will die simply from breathing fresh air. And it will be soon. You don't deserve to be with someone who is handicappied by air. You deserve so much more than what I can give you." Tech removed his glasses as tears finally began to well up in his eyes. He wiped them away before placing his glasses back on so he could see the Pantoran beauty in his arms who's life was draining by the second. "Then just let me help you. Please. Out of the love in my heart." "No, Tech." She replied firmly. "You and I both know my days were numbered from the start." She replied. "If I am going to die, I want it to be when I am at my happiest with the person in my life that I love the most. I don't want to die when I have become the shell of the person I once was. I want to die when I am at the highest point in my life so I can look back with pride." The remainder of Star's life became a matter of numbered weeks to a matter of numbered minutes within seconds. Tech looked down at her, his thumb brushed against her blue skin and he felt the aching lurk of his heart. "I love you." He muttered and Star Light smiled. She reached up and cupped his cheek before leaning up to finally kiss him, her lips meeting his in a soft and gentle embrace. Star's lips were so soft and Tech's were so warm. He never wanted to let her go, his flower, he never wanted to pull away from her. She finally pulled back, looking up at the clone as if she were staring at the most beautiful star in the galaxy. "I love you too." She smiled but Tech cursed under his breath. "Star please don't do this." She rested her head against his chest as he held her, the light inside of her was fading. "To grow, you must first fall to the earth." Her words didn't make sense to him at first but after thought he understood. Star was no longer his painter but his dreamer. His beautiful dream. "I want to feel the star light before the dusk." She added and Tech closed his eyes. "I'm ready for harvest time." She continued to speak. "Star-" "There's beauty in the pain." "Star please-" She kissed him again, using her free hand to gently caress his cheek while her soft lips moved against his. "I see death." She breathed against his lips. "But death is nothing sad." she added. Tech refused to agree with her. He just held her and let her speak in her tongues. "One day there will be someone who will love you in ways I never could, Tech." He shook his head against her, not wanting to believe what she was saying. "Love is something you cannot study. Love finds you, you can't study it. But when it finds you, you'll know." He opened his eyes one last night to look down at her. "Star-" "I'm ready."

"