A Glow in the Darkness...

A/N : Leave comments :) 

------------------------------------------------------------

"Moorthy ya pathutiya...", Parvathy asked, sitting on the floor, surrounded by opened suitcases that filled the whole room. She had just finished giving a lecture to Mullai about packing light, something that her father and her never do..

In Mullai's defense moving from one home to another after 12 years was not an easy feat. So she was eager when her mother decided to change the subject...

"Ama ma.. pesitan, sekiram vella ara mikanum," Mullai said, folding baby pink shorts that she would probably have to hear her mother whine and complain about if she ever wore it.

"... Ippothan vanthu iruka athukulye enna vellai..", Parvathy grumbled, "Mullai nammalale samalichika mudiyum ma", she looked up from the floor to her daughter who was already frowning with seriousness, 

"Amma, na inga vanthathey ungala pathukathan, appa mathiyam thoongi pathu irukiya?",  She shooted her arrow, Parvathy fell silent and looked away. Mullai rolled her eyes and let her shoulders droop, 

"Ma..", she started softly, "Na ippo nalathaan irukan. Yen odambuku onnum illa manasuku onnum illa thookam lan nalla than varuthu. Ma I'm okay. Please. Neengalum romba yosichi manasa kolipikathinga", she said looking back down at her piles of clothes.  

It worked Parvathy fell silent for exactly two mins before she came up with another counter, "Illa nee enna padichi yenna vella pakkapo-" Well, this was a far better counter Mullai had to give it to her. 

As a fashion designer, her ultimate dream was to start a clothing brand... 

And working at pandian stores was far from that.. but what other choices did she have? She can witness how slower her dad moves nowadays. She sees her mother taking a good five whole mines to get out of a chair. Her parents room always smells of medicine and axe oil...

As the only child, she needed no other nudge to move back to her parents house. Dreams could wait. 

"Verra valli illa ma.. konja naaluku nu nenachi konga.. konjam kassu sethu vitchitu maybe etha loan edthu yen business ah aramika parukan, ana ippothiki yennaku energyum illa namma kita kassum illa..." she said with a smile and wink, Parvathy seemed to settle back into her unpacking, 

"Hmm Kathir ah pathiyaa.." Parvathy came back again with the question that made  her daughter erupt in nervous feels, 

Mullai fought very hard to keep her voice in a normal octave "Illa ma, avan illa anga..", she said, not looking up to see her mom. 

She had prayed to every god there that Kathir shouldn't be at the shop when she went. She didn't want his first memory of seeing her again after so long to be a pathetic one. She really didn't want to see his pittiying face watching her at the lowest point of her life. 

"Irukanumee.. anga thane suthitu irupan.. paaru kozhupaa.. nee vaarathuku munnadi inga than kandanthan ippo paaru, aalu address eh kannam", Parvathy complained, as she got up and made her way to bed mutting that next time she saw Kathir he would be dead meat... 

*

She lay there in the bed that night, listening to utter silence. Music doesn't help anymore... Music made her think of memories she wanted to forget... Memories that closed her throat... Memories that would make her toss and turn... 

Especially now that she is in Kunnakudi...

Now that Kathir was only a few streets away...

It was so much easier when he was miles away from her. She could pretend that they were okay and the only reason for the disconnectivity of their friendship was the actual physical distance. But now that she was back in the same house she grew up in... Everywhere she turned around she got reminded of him...