💨🌷hawks | what did you see?🌷💨

lil bit of tension. and some violence.
wc: 1637

•••

"You're home," smiled Keigo. The deep collar of his oversized, grey t-shirt exposed his left shoulder.

Your body was in so much pain—too much pain for a mere work shift. You chose to ignore it, blaming it on nothing but exhaustion.

Keigo pulled you close to him, his hands holding the back of your neck so your forehead rested just above his chest. You felt his lips kiss the nape of your neck. The warm feeling lingered on your aching skin.

"You must be tired." His voice was so tender in your ear.

You nodded into his shirt, easing into his touch as he guided you to the living room couch. The TV was on: it was the only source of light in the room besides the kitchen lamp. The TV was a bit loud for your liking, it cut through your ears like a blade. A desperate voice cried from it—cried to you. It was calling your name while a muddled, static image flashed in the background.

"Y/N! Y/N!" the familiar voice paused, taking a moment to catch its breath. "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Terrified, you peered up at Keigo, his comforting arms still wrapped around your waist. His face was a swirling blur of flesh, twisted in every wrong way your brain could fathom. You gasped, abruptly pulling away from the horrid image that was a mere foot away.

"DAMMIT, HELP ME!"

And with those imploring words, the ground beneath you crumbled: the domestic facade shattered into pieces, the sky rained like glass, and the Keigo before you had disintegrated into the endless abyss beneath your feet.

You were utterly terrified. Terrified to leave this place—this heaven—this sanctuary; however, somewhere in the furthest depths of your mind, a peculiar sense was telling you it was all too artificial.

The storm finally cleared. You were back to reality.

Hawks's face was pinned against the asphalt, only his bloodied, right eye visible from where you stood. A cackling woman clenched his skull in the palm of her muscular hand, his stripped wings only comprising of a few desolate feathers.

"HAWKS!" you shrieked, your hands already by your sides as you summoned two chain maces.

You propelled yourself in the air, leaping over the taller woman and slinging the chains around her neck. The spiked ball on the end impaled her skin, and an ear deafening howl rolled through the city.

Her sharp nails clawed at your face as you yanked her neck back, careful not to kill her, but giving Hawks enough leverage to escape. Without a moment to rest, you struck her with a powerful blow to the chest that sent her unconscious.

It all happened in a blur. Red and blue flashing lights, blaring sirens, and several figures (police officers, sidekicks, and news reporters) muddled together in a single piece of abstract art you couldn't comprehend.

The brief spike of adrenaline flattened out in your blood, and every gash, bruise, and twisted ligament in your body hurt like hell.

"Fuck!" you swore, collapsing onto the concrete where several paramedics came to your aid. The fluorescent white of the ambulance made you want to hurl, yet your body wasn't in the condition to even react. Who knew an emergency stretcher could be so comfortable?

•••

The lights were too bright. They burned into your pupils and through your skull. You were momentarily stunned, puddles of hospital white blended together in a blinding haze.