💨🌷shinsou | he likes bugs??🌷💨

A/N: based on the tumblr head canon by onigiriarts that shinsou rlly likes bugs. this ones also unedited, so read  at your own risk

Pink juice ran down the lines of your palms from the sweet peach in your hand. You sucked on your teeth, picking out the stringy pieces of fruit stuck in your teeth.

It was a quiet morning in the garden. The neighbors' kids were still asleep, and only the best singing birds sung at this time. You sat on a cobblestone stair, peacefully watching the hummingbirds feed from your red zinnias.

A light weight dropped onto your left shoulder, soft tufts of hair brushing your neck. You peered to your side to see Shinsou's purple hair resting on you.

"Good morning," you cooed.

"Morning."

He had just woken up, and was still in his pajamas: a loose, black shirt that exposed his collar bone and baggy sweatpants that matched the color of his hair. Shinsou yawned, covering his mouth with his free hand, his other holding an ivory Hercules beetle.

Curiously, you watched the insect as it slowly crawled along his knuckles. Shinsou noticed you staring and held the beetle closer between the two of you.

You bit off a tiny chunk of your peach and laid it on Shinsou's palm. The beetle turned its body to nibble on the sweet piece of fruit.

"I guess he's still hungry after I fed him this morning," said Shinsou.

"Or maybe he likes peaches a lot," you giggled.

"Can I have a bite?"

You held the peach to Shinsou's lips. He leaned closer to your hand and bit into it, chewing slowly with thought.

"That's from the garden?"

"Yeah, the tree right there." You pointed to the peach tree that mothered the delicious fruit.

"Can't believe you grew this. It's so good."

"Thanks, it only took four years."

A familiar feeling ran through your skin as Shinsou held your fingers in his. Gently fiddling with the base of your index and middle fingers, then intertwining his own with yours.

Even after dating for many months, these small actions never failed to make you blush. It was adorable.

"Do you want to hold Kumo?"

"May I?"

He opened your hand, picking up the beetle from his palm and placing it in your left. You felt its legs explore your hand, traveling across each finger just as Shinsou did.

"Did you know Hercules Beetles can carry up to eight hundred and fifty times their own body weight?" He watched Kumo explore your wrist where the peach juice had dried.

"Eight hundred fifty?" you repeated in awe.

"Yeah. Pretty cool, right?"

"Super cool."

Your gaze filled with both respect and admiration followed Kumo. The insect stopped, finally settling down just over your pulse.

You began to laugh, "He kinda tickles."

"I didn't know you were ticklish."

Your eyes widened upon noticing Shinsou's mischievous smile. "Don't! I know what you're thinking!"

Shinsou's hands ran across your stomach, just lightly touching you along the fabric of your thin shirt. That was enough to make you shake with laughter. Your feeble attempts to stop him only made him tickle you harder.

"Hitoshi! W-wait—I'm gonna drop Kumo!" you managed to communicate between side-splitting laughs. Subconsciously, you were able to hold your left arm up away from harm during Shinsou's attack.

"Fine. I'll take him back if you want."

You hummed and allowed the beetle to crawl back to its owner's grasp. There was a tranquil silence as Shinsou lightly stroked his pet's back with his knuckle.

Since the beginning of your relationship, Shinsou had always been considerably shy: about his emotions, his interests, everything. He never spoke much about himself or what he liked, but rather held onto conversations about you, desperately trying to extend them as long as possible to avoid the subject that was "Shinsou Hitoshi".

Until three months later; and he found himself growing more and more comfortable around you was when he finally opened up. Everything he had bottled up finally came rushing out. The dam was broken.

One of his hidden interests was bugs. He loved bugs: grasshoppers, beetles, bees, cicadas, moths. All except mosquitos.

Hitoshi could not stand mosquitos.

But that was besides the point. His love for insects was one that caught you by surprise. You weren't especially fond of the occasional spiders that appeared on the bathroom ceilings; however, Shinsou helped you learn to tolerate them.

Now, (depending on the insect) you actually enjoyed their company. Beetles, cicadas, bees, and moths especially. In fact, Shinsou's most prized pets were his Luna moths. The adults, as beautiful as they were, only lived for a little longer than a week, so he kept a tank where he raised them.

The reason he treasured them so much was because you did. They were the first insects that you learned to love.

Though his love for these bugs was so great, he eluded the topic in the company of others. He often found that he'd over-share: the majority of people weren't too impressed by the fact that Praying Mantises were extremely cannibalistic.

Once again you felt his soft hair tickle your neck as he buried his face into your shoulder. You leaned into him in response.

He breathed deeply, his warm breath cascading over your skin. Bringing his cupped hand closer to your face, he said, "I think Kumo really likes you."

You smiled. "I think he does, too."