🌷bakugou | drown it out🌷

A/N: this one, again, was me just messing with Bakugou's character. it's not heavy romance or anything, just needed an easy plot to work with. unlike the other one shots this ones unedited.

He was tired: tired from the day, tired from training, tired of his emotions. Cranking his earbuds to max could only drown out so much, but the deafening volume resulted in more hearing damage than anything else.

His pillow felt like a hard stone against his head as he twisted and turned in the night. It was too hot for a blanket, yet too cold without one.

Shameful, he was aware of what was keeping him up, but he thought if he chose not acknowledge the churning feeling in his chest, it would fade away. Each night was worse than the last. He was beginning to fall behind in class due to his lack of sleep.

It was an excruciatingly painful loop.

The next morning, he sat at his desk, his head occasionally falling as he teetered on the brink of sleep: lovely, beautiful sleep.

"Kacchan...? Are you awake?" A fuzzy, muffled voice poked at Bakugou's mind.

He didn't even have the energy to make a derogatory remark; instead, he rolled his head on his neck to face Midoriya, making no attempt to change his expression.

Midoriya shivered. Somehow, that gesture was even more terrifying than any words could have been. "Never mind..."

Alone with his thoughts once again, he began to drift off from reality. He hadn't even realized he was daydreaming until the one plaguing his mind was sat a couple of chairs in front of him.

It hurt. It hurt so much. And he hated every second of it.

You barely even knew him nor noticed his presence. But he could see, hear, and feel nothing else but you.

It was torture.

You were considered the strongest student in the class when it came to just about anything. You were well rounded: extraordinary in strength, leadership, communication, and everything in between.

Who else would be in Bakugou's dreams but the number one student?

He shook his head, his blonde hair becoming even more tangled if possible. It passed unnoticed: him digging his nails so deep into his palms in a tight fist until the pain finally woke him up.

God.

"Good morning." A new presence entered the classroom.

"Good morning, Aizawa-sensei," the class echoed, each person slightly off.

His tired eyes skimmed the room. Seeing there were no empty desks, he immediately began the lesson.

It was a normal one today. Taking notes, answering questions, asking them. It was so normal, Bakugou had trouble paying attention to whatever the teacher was spouting.

How could he when you were just in front of him?

You felt your back stiffen and grabbed the back of your chair, twisting your upper body until you felt the satisfying pops of your spine. On the second twist, you met the gaze of one of your classmate's two rows behind.