after the film (which we both thoroughly enjoyed) i went back to my room and slept but at around 7 in the morning i was awoken to a blood curdling scream. my being paranoid i leapt out of my bed and put my slippers on and ran to jacobs room "shit did you hear that?" i said to the boy who was now awake and sitting up, clearly alarmed by the scream. "yeah it sounded like fran, i think we should check it out" no shit. "yeah duh now hurry up" i said while dragging the teen boy out of bed as he was still half asleep.

we saw fran come down the stairs from harlans study and i knew something had happened, she was clearly shocked by something upstairs so i ran up there "nat i don't think you should go up there!" i heard fran shout but i just ignored her. i opened the door of the study to something i never thought i would see...

it was harlan. dead. this throat slit and there was blood all over the old carpet. "JACOB GET UP HERE NOW" i shouted but the rest of the thrombeys came rushing up "oh my god" joni exclaimed "what the hell happened?" linda said with a hoarse voice, clearly on the verge of tears. "okay everyone step back we can't have any footprints or anything showing that we were in the room, the police will want to do a lot of forensic testing stuff" i said. one interesting thing about me is that i want to be a forensic scientist when i'm older so i know how to deal with things like this- well kind of. "she's right, if we need to go in we should wear gloves or something" walt spoke up as the rest of the family nodded without saying much and this showed they were in shock. even my brother who had appeared was stood in the hallway his mouth wide open.

after an hour, the police and detectives have arrived and are currently interviewing everyone who was at the party. i was on my phone messaging my friends about what had happened.

IMESSAGES
THREE MUSKETEERS 🤠🤠

nat 😜😜
GUYS U WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED

hannah🍌🍌
WHAT WHAT WHAT HAPPENED ?!?!?!?

noah🙈🙈
FR WHTA THE FUCK HAPPENED

hannah 🍌🍌
BITCH REPLY NOW
WHERE TF ARE U

nat😜😜
SORRY BUT HARLAN THROMBEY WHO IS JACOBS GRANDAD IS DEAD
LIKE HE SLIT HIS THROAT?!?!

noah🙈🙈
WHAT NO WAY

hannah🍌🍌
NAH UR JOKING
CMON

nat😜😜
i'm genuinely serious like his whole throat was covered in blood and there was blood on the floor and all that shit

noah🙈🙈
THATS SO SCARY?!?!?!

hannah🍌🍌
^^

nat😛😛
agreed. gotta go about to be interviewed by the police 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

hannah 🍌🍌

nat😜😜NOT THE TIME FOR MEMES GIRL CMON

nat😜😜
NOT THE TIME FOR MEMES GIRL CMON

noah 🙈🙈
FR AND GOOD LUCK GETTING INTERVIEWED 😛😛😛

nat😜😜
THANKS BFF BYE

____________________________

i heard my name get called by some guy who i assumed was a detective? "natalie ross?" "nat, and yes that's me" i said while walking into the room of the house.

i walked into the room and saw the man who called me in, another smaller man and some older guy sitting in a chair flipping a coin while staring at me. "so nat, my name is lieutenant elliot and i will be asking you some questions and you will answer truthfully" he spoke "yes sir" he began asking be basic questions like how do i know the thrombeys and all that boring stuff but i explained truthfully "so where were you on the night of harlan thrombeys 85th birthday party" i was here with jacob and we went upstairs to my room around 9:30 and we stayed there all night, well jacob went to the downstairs bathroom at about 10 and that's all" i spoke as he jotted this all down in his notepad "i have a question" i said "who is that?" i asked, pointing at the older man STILL flipping his coin "that's Benoit blanc" said the smaller man who i found out was trooper wagner "i was hired but i don't know who by" detective blanc spoke in a thick southern accent which i was not expecting and i just nodded at his statement "sooo...am i done?" i awkwardly asked "yup you're free to go" lieutenant elliot said and i got up and left.

i went up to my room and changed my clothes since i was just in a pair of joggers and a t-shirt. i put on a long sleeved white shirt with a sweater vest on top and i added a pair of jeans along with lots of jewellery.

i went downstairs and i found jacob leaving the room that i was interviewed in. "how was it?" i asked "hmm not that bad" he responded "but i think marta has something to do with it and i know how they'll catch her out" i was confused "what do you mean?" i asked the boy "come with me i will explain somewhere more private" and he dragged me out of the house.

______________________________

a/n- 😦😦 that's all i have to say

word count- 861 words :)