Chapter 1

It was late at night and Kai was wide awake hunched over the toilet throwing up everything he had consumed that day and then some. He had been in Lloyd's bathroom since two A.M and it was now six A.M. Wave after wave of nausea came over him causing unending dizziness, anytime he looked anywhere but the toilet the room seemed to spin and that only made it worse. Only a few hours ago he was on top of his boyfriend Lloyd having late night fun so now that he was throwing up and met with morning sickness he had some ideas of why his body decided to betray him in the early hours of the morning but he refused to believe them. As the hours slowly ticked by and the sun began to rise Kai slowly began to feel better noting that everything had stopped spinning, although his throat burned, his sides were sore, and he was very dehydrated. Despite his body basically screaming no at him he slowly stood up and made his way out of Lloyd's room and to the bathroom he shared with his teammates.

"Has anyone seen Kai at all yet? I checked his room and he wasn't in there." Nya asked her teammates as she walked into the dining room of the bounty.

"He was throwing up when I went to the bathroom earlier." Cole responded.

"That's not good. I'm gonna check on him be right back." Nya said as she walked off.

As she walked into the bathroom she gagged as her nose was met with the sour smell of what had to be whatever Kai's stomach had randomly decided to reject. She looked at her brother who's head was practically inside the toilet bowl and winced when she saw his body tense up as it continued to try and empty his stomach which was probably already foodless. 

"Kai are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Does it look, sound, or smell like I'm okay?" He replied with a hoarse voice.

"Not what I meant but okay. What's wrong you look like shit." She said as she approached him.

"I've been throwing up for hours and I've been so nauseous that everything is spinning. Though that has stopped." He replied slowly standing up.

Nya noticed his futile attempts to stay balanced so she quickly grabbed his shoulders helping him steady himself.

"Why are you standing up? You shouldn't be standing." Nya asked.

"I have to go get something from the store." Kai replied.

"Like hell you are. Sit back down I'll go get whatever you need." Nya ordered.

"I'd rather you not, you'll get the wrong thing and this will never pass." Kai retorted.

"You know it hurts knowing you have zero faith in me, I'm still not letting you go to the store, at least not alone let me go with you." Nya said.

"No, Just let me go by myself, I'll take the car Zane made and have pixel drive so there'll be no chance of me crashing." Kai said.

"I still think you should let me go with you, you might need my help getting into the store." Nya replied

"Listen I'll be fine, I'm feeling better already it was probably just minor food poisoning from the food we got at the food truck last night, you saw how unsanitary that truck was." Kai stated as he walked out the bathroom door after flushing the toilet.

Nya gave up on trying to convince her brother to let her go to the store with him as she knew he had already made up his mind and he wasn't going to change it. That's one thing Nya disliked about her brother, no matter how old he got he still was as stubborn as ever, and although he refused to give her any insight as to why he was suddenly sick in the morning she wasn't out of options just yet. Nya exited the bathroom taking in the nice fresh air and smiled as she walked across the bounty's deck, as she did she remembered seeing Kai leave the room he shared with Cole, Jay, and Zane and make his way over to Lloyd's private room. She never saw him leave Lloyd's room and return to his own before she fell asleep but she knew that Kai had spent the whole night there.