Daruma

~In class~
I was writing down notes when a loud boom was heard, followed by the screaming of students around me. I looked up and saw my headless teacher slowly fall as red, marble like, balls flew everywhere.

Students were screaming and running around everywhere. "What just happened?!" a girl yelled, shaking.

Suddenly, a Daruma doll appeared with a smirk on the desk.

It turned around to face the board.

"Daaaaaaruuuuuumaa" it said slowly. "-san has come" it said quickly, turning back to us. The students who were running exploded. More specifically, their heads exploded. Others screamed, their heads also exploded.

So everyone who moved is... dead.

But not us, who stood still. The doll turned around to the board again and repeated it's phrase slowly.

I looked at the girl beside me. She was shaking, like most students here. I guess I wasn't since I loved horror movies?

Four students ran to the door, only to find out that it was locked. "-has come!" the Daruma turned back to us. The four students also exploded. The doll looked around the room. It huffed and turned it's back on us when no one moved. It went on like this for a couple more minutes.

I studied the Daruma doll. This doll was red, creepy, and gave us no luck. The doors are locked, heads are exploding, and we can't move. My legs are aching.

But wait, there's a button on its back.

"-come!" the doll turned back. It's creepy eyes scanned the room, but once again, no one moved. "Boring" the doll grunted, turning back to the board.

"You see that button? I think we have to press it to end this" I explained to the remaining students. They all looked at me. "Are you sure?" a boy asked. "Why else would it be there?" I asked. He sighed and looked at the doll.

I stepped closer to the doll. Only 20 seconds left on the timer above the button.

It turned back to us. He had a nasty glare on his face. "You guys are no fun" he spoke before turning.

"Daaaaa" he started again.

I gulped and inched closer.

"Ruuuuuu" it was only a couple feet away.

This is it.

I ran and pushed the button, the Daruma falling over. I stood there for a moment. Looking back at my classmates, they also walked forward slowly.

The Daruma jumped back on the desk. The students stopped.

"Game over! Game over!" it repeated.

We all let out a sigh of relief.

Then everybody's heads exploded.

I stood there, shocked and my heart beating fast.

"The button was pushed by Y/n L/n. Live! You live!" the Daruma doll explained. I looked at it then to my now dead classmates. I let out a shaky breath, looking at the messy room.

"You're a mouse. The cat is coming!" the Daruma said.

"I'm a what?" I asked.

"You're a mouse! The cat is coming!" it repeated. A cat is coming? I'm a mouse? What's that supposed to mean?

I walked to the door, careful not to slip on the blood marbles that were scattered everywhere. I pushed the door open with ease. I walked out into the hall. It was empty.

I ran to the door closest to me. Locked. I tried every exit in the area but no luck.

"Y/n!"

I turned and saw Ichika and Shun. I ran up to them. We continued walking, looking for an unlocked door. The only one we found was the gym.