𝙐𝙉𝙀𝙓𝙋𝙀𝘾𝙏𝙀𝘿 𝙂𝙐𝙀𝙎𝙏 ◇ Vintage

╭─────────────────── !

With night comes the beauty of the stars, though they're not the only ones found in the dark.

<コ:彡──────────────────╯

NOTES !
. Vampire Squid! Vintage
. Reader's species is not mentioned

A THUNDERING BANG echoed from your bedroom balcony

A THUNDERING BANG echoed from your bedroom balcony. You shot up in bed, your blanket pooling around your waist as you hastily rubbed the drowsiness out of your eyes. You were about to drift off to sleep to a playlist of How It's Made videos before the clamor from your balcony woke you up. You eyed your phone propped haphazardly on its side as it played a video on how carousels were made. Picking it up, you swiped downwards and checked the time. 3:38. Had you been more awake you would have realized it was the witching hour and ignored the noise on the balcony to go back to bed, congratulating yourself for successfully avoiding a creepypasta scenario.

However, you were half awake and concerned about what you assumed to be a poor flock of birds that crashed into your balcony. You pulled your legs to the side of your bed and dipped your toes onto the cool wood floor. You rubbed your head for a few seconds before finally standing. Taking three steps to the glass sliding doors and curtains covering them, you stood there for a second before you remembered what you were doing. With a sigh, you grabbed the curtains and braced for the feathery sight you expected.

What you didn't expect, however, was a body.

More specifically, a pale inkling with teal fading to red tentacles was crumpled up on your balcony. He was wearing some orca hightops, black leggings and a Takoroka nylon vintage jacket unzipped with its sleeves rolled up to reveal a maroon dress shirt layered underneath. The only accessory you could tell that he was wearing were some black X-shaped collar pins connected by a teal-to-red gradient chain. The inkling was lying on his left side up against the glass doors, his head leaning against where the door and doorframe met, seemingly passed out. His mouth was half open, with unnaturally sharp teeth visible might you add, and teal saliva starting to pool in his mouth. Gross!

"What."

You stood there staring at the body, your mind drawing a blank for any kind of appropriate action to take. You grew cold as you stared, but probably not half as cold as he was.

'Do I call the police..? My mom? Do... Do I ignore it?', Anxious thoughts played through your head as you slid the door open.

'WAIT WHAT AM I DOING' "Ex–, uh, Excuse me?..." 'NONONO WAIT STOP TALKING—'

No discernible reaction came from the body, so with that in mind, now would be the perfect time to shut the door and—'OH SHIT IT'S MOVING'

A quiet groan came from the inkling before your eyes met. A beat of silence enveloped the two of you as you gazed down into hazy red eyes. They weren't bright like rubies or any kind of gem a Wattpad writer would use to describe eyes, no. The color was muddy, like a worn and tattered shade of red, despite that, they still glistened in the moonlight. Exhaustion swirled within them, he had the kind of look a kitten would after waking up from a long nap.