𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒 𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙁𝙄𝙉𝘿 𝙈𝙀, & 𝙄 𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒 𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙊𝙆 ♡/☁ Mask

╭─────────────────── !

It keeps me up on inkstained nights

<コ:彡──────────────────╯

NOTES !
. This was requested by Maskit4life .
. Reader is an octoling + Reader is a girl (not referenced in text)
. OOC Mask? Then again this is Coroika. what characterization

ANOTHER SLEEPLESS NIGHT, another sinking feeling in your stomach

The sensation hasn't neglected to taunt you these past few nights, leaving you restless in the head. No matter how tightly your body coils around itself, or how warm and comfortable your bed is, every night ends the same. Your turmoil becomes entertainment for the twinkling stars and moon overhead as you escape to the apartment's fire escape. Cold metal kisses your skin as you rest against the railing, your legs dangling over the side. It's freezing out, as every night before it has been, but it doesn't matter to you.

Nights were colder in the valley, anyway.

"Ah," there you go again, thoughts circling back to the world below. Your world below.

The world you left.

-

Overwhelming laughter and screams of terror bounced off the walls of the massive dome. The howling of the-your Shogun echoed through the dome, yet you can't make out a word he says; you won't make out a word he says.

Ya weni marei mirekyarahire juri yu mirekerason

The singing fills your head like a high tide; inescapable frothy feelings bubbling along with it.

Kire,
hyari,

You race across platforms, bobbing through and over people, every heart pounding in sync.

yoriherahe nyurahera nunnyura unera yurawera niimerani!

You're going to be sick.

You need to get out.

Your palms slam against the screen wall of the dome, you feel bile rising in your throat as you blindly search for-

<Click>

Chopperipo...

There's a ladder.

Shurashurafe nannyurunire

You jump and reach for it, the rusted metal covers the palms of your hands in grime as you pull yourself up. The seaweed drifting from your head lags down as you climb with reckless abandon, one rung after another. You need to get out.