5

Okay, so. Maybe Jeongguk isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

He may be a little stupid at times, like when he thought caterpillars were the male counterpart of butterflies or that time when he thought the Earth was flat because some guy on YouTube said so, but he's not entirely a moron. Not like this.

Yet there he is, in his dorm, shivering like a puppy in the rain just because he let his ego consume him once again.

He knows he shouldn't have left Lisa like that, not when their soul bond is in the process of being formed. But the thought of being her soulmate and the possibility of being hers feels unsettling. He has known this person as someone spoiled, selfish--a cheater.

He's believed in rumors spread about her and has said a few... shady comments about her and to be faced with the fact that they're soul-bonded is quite a shock. Like, imagine Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls being paired with Mojojojo. Yeah, that's what he feels.

Still, the lingering feeling of regret eats away his hubris. He's well aware of how much of a dick he was to her last night, how selfish he came off. But hey, he's confused alright?

So. Like any other normal person, he succumbs to the "yearnings of his heart" and dials Taehyung's number, waiting as the ringing finishes.

"Gguk, I'm literally just outside your bedroom," Taehyung's deep voice grumbles through the speaker. Jeongguk, despite his quivering state, rolls his eyes at this. "What do you want? More pain killers? Food? Water? A brain since yours can't seem to function properly?"

The younger cringes at his words.

As soon as he arrived home last night he told them about everything that happened. Instead of dinner, he got an earful from Seokjin about his selfishness and a lot more bull about his soulmate, etcetera, etcetera.

What stuck with him the most is the fact that he disregarded Lalisa's side--like him, she's also suffering from the pain of being away from her soulmate. If it weren't for Namjoon's gentle reminder, he wouldn't have even known. He admits he's a little apologetic, but hey, it takes two to tango. It's only fair.

God knows what she's feeling right now, so he skips all the pleasantries and heads straight to the point.

"I need Lisa's number," he mumbles. Taehyung asks him to repeat once again, and begrudgingly, he says, "Lisa's number. Lisa from Queen of Disaster. Lalisa, the bassist. I need her number."

"Well thank fucking God, it was about time you forget about your inflating pride. Stay there, I'll text it to you."

Soon enough, he finds himself struggling while trying to compose a decent message.

ME:
hi i'm jeongguk|

hi i'm|

hello it's me jeongguk|

hello it's me|

hello it's your soulmate hahahaaah|

hello it's your soulmate|

hello it's your soulmate what's up haha|

hello it's your soulmate what's up|

lalisa the bassist:
i can see you typing you know
10:28PM

"Shit," Jeongguk curses as soon as the message comes in.

ME:
forgive me