9

It's crazy to think that two simple words could determine the course of Jeongguk and Lalisa's relationship in the next three weeks.

High Jeongguk must have made a good decision, because in those three weeks, Jeongguk has not felt any ounce of negative feelings towards his soulmate--unlike the previous times where he'd associate her behaviour with the rumors he'd heard about her when in reality she's really just the Sun personified, only a hundred times irritating and a hundred less hot.

(But don't tell her that, because she might think that Jeongguk thinks she's hot. Which he doesn't, because he has like, high standards.)

And so the inevitable happens. Jeongguk knows soulmates are supposed to become closer, their souls gravitating towards each other like magnets and somehow, he lets it. Lisa isn't that bad anyway. She's cool; she's not that clingy, not that sweet (never), and not insisting. She's his soulmate, yet she knows her boundaries and Jeongguk couldn't be more thankful.

Anyway. Enough about that.

It's one of the rare times where his schedule is free and he has time to do whatever he pleases. Of course, Jeongguk makes use of his rest day to visit none other than Lalisa, whom he last saw almost a week ago due to their constricting schedules. He's too exhausted to do anything else right now--going to gym sounds tiring, walking around the city seems unsafe, and meeting with Hwayoung will surely break all the bones in his body (that, including his friend down there).

Plus, opting to visit Lisa is timely, too, because just yesterday, he experienced the shittiest migraine in all of migraines after his heart heard her voice through a phone call.

(Honestly, if there was a way where he could force his heart to calm down, he'd buy it in a heartbeat. It just doesn't know how to chill sometimes.)

Now they're seated in her living room, as per usual. He has never invited the other to his own place because he's aware that if he brought Lisa to his dorm then his hyungs would tease him nonstop, and he's already had enough of teasing through her. Whereas in her dorm, he can have his own peace, even just for a little while. If he ignores the constant meowing of cats, that is.

Irregardless, cats or no cats, if Jeongguk is going to be honest, this is actually his favourite setting yet, what with the way he's holding a huge bowl of assorted candies (courtesy of Lisa) and with how his feet are sitting prettily on top of the coffee table like he owns the place.

Lisa sits across from him in all her cat hair-covered sweats and a box of glazed doughnuts in her hands. They aren't supposed to be eating all these because duh, carbs? And the fact that they're supposed to be on a sweet-less diet, but Lisa said she couldn't bear not eating sweets anymore so she "rebelled" and bought a bunch of shit that can put them at risk for diabetes.

Jeongguk doesn't mind anyway. He continues to scroll through his phone, searching for Disturbing questions you can ask somebody on Google while snacking on a Reese's cup. They've been at this game for the past five minutes now since Zootopia has long ended and they didn't know what else to do. It's very cliché, especially for a budding relationship like theirs, but whatever.

Maybe he'll actually find out if his soulmate is a psycho through this game.

And then Lisa kicks his foot a little too harshly. "Jesus, Jeon, how long are you gonna take finding that damn question?" She complains, and Leo meows his agreement. That damn feline. "It's been forever, just pick a question and go!"

"I don't want to be all corny and shit and ask about your favourite color or your favourite food, idiot. I want my question to be interesting and actually contain important information," he says back with an angry glare. "And it's only been 30 seconds. You're overreacting."