chase (morkpi)

The lean figure jumped from the stoney roof and landed safely on the other, a little below the previous one. He swiftly and efficiently dodged the arrows thrown in his direction as he ran along the border, readying his body for another swift leap.

His raven hair flowed in ripples against the wind and has his plump lips stuck in a smile behind the black cloth, hiding his identity.

"Prince Sutthaya stop right there!" The soldiers cried, chasing the boy on horses.

This is what he loves, the chasing game. He loves how he can light up a wildfire among those palace guards with ease and have them chase him until the end of the city. He likes the fact that the soldiers wearing those metallic suits and carrying those heavy weapons do nothing but give up so easily. Weak creatures.

The boy smirked, for the umpteenth time that day, at them from behind his mask," No way!"

He took another magnificent leap before vanishing into the thick tree branches.

•••

"Ai'Sutt-haya!" A familiar voice startled the ravenette, making him clutch his chest.

"God, Pi! You gave me a heart attack!" He gasped.

"And you? Care to explain what did you do and What did I say you to do?" Pi crossed his arms over his chest, clearly irritated.

"What did I do?" The boy blinked nonchalantly and took a seat in front of the fire, "I brought some food from the palace. You said to not cause any trouble".

"And what did you do?" Pi interrogated.

"Exactly the opposite", Mork said, pouting a bit.

"You could've gotten yourself killed, Ai'Mork!" Pi stamped his feet, letting his slightly brown, moppy hair fall on his forehead.

"But... I didn't?" Mork shrugged, smiling subtly.

So, has Pi finally started to care for him? Are his prayers finally answered?

"But you could have!" Pi stressed the point before letting himself plop on a log, mumbling something to himself.

"You sound like a nagging wife, you know?" Mork chuckled, amused at the boy in front of him.

Pi blushed at that, huffing and turning his head away, "Whatever. Besides, I think I should remind you, Khun Prince Sutthaya,  we are in grave danger, all thanks to you! Don't forget we need to insist your father that I am not a traitor!"

"Everybody knows that. You are the King of Thieves, that's all", Mork reasoned out, clearly annoying Pi.

"Again for the millionth time, Mork, that's just what I am known as because of the clan inheritance cycle. Besides, I don't want to be a thief! Neither am I so chivalrous like my ancestors", Pi mumbled poking the firewoods with a dry twig.

"You don't need chivalry, Pi. You are you, And that's already enough. Because even if the shoe fits you needn't wear it. Your simplicity is what draws me to you", he said the last words in a hushed tone, as if it were too delicate and too sacred a word to let out loud.

The eerie silence in the forest and the sound of fire cracking seemed to suddenly add up the romantic–ness in the atmosphere. The atmosphere that is explained in the Shakespearean dramas and sonnets. Romanticism, that is unexplainably beautiful and utterly sacred.

Pi blushed, his stomach doing somersaults. Somehow he feels understood for the first time in his life. Previously, he was asked several times to man up and be brave. He was also asked to be a King of Thief after his brother.

But that's not what he wants. He wants peace and serenity. He loves healing people and collecting healing shrubs. He loves making potions and medicines under the moonlight. He loves reading novels of all kinds. Yes, he is weak, physically, but mentally he was much stronger.

"Mork..." Pi whispered, looking squarely at the Prince. Mork stared at him as well.
Some unspoken comfort words escaped through the glances. Pi smiled, lowering his head down.

Both sat in silence.

Mork continued looking at Pi with a fond gaze remembering how he used to hate the ancestral Thief clan, because of how tremendously they looted people.

He remembered how he met Pi, and how he fell for him. It was an odd circumstance for meeting a Prince. According to Mork's father, a Prince should be the one to safe it's subjects. So he went to capture the Thief clan and it's King. When Pi's uncle injured him severely in a duel, he crawled away as soon as he can but stumbled over a tree root, and hurting his head. When he thought this is where it ends, Pi came out of nowhere and treated his wounds.

He remembers how shocked he was to find Pi was one of them and how amused he was to find him so different, so soft and so delicate and so full of humaneness. The virtues were enough to draw Mork slowly to Pi and make him fall in love with him.

He had tried to explain to his father that Pi, though he is a part of the Thieves clan, isn't a harmful one and that he is one in love with him.

He remembers how he revolted against his father, the King of the land, and ran away from home to stay with Pi.

And here they were being an object of annoyance to the King on every court proceedings as the guards would complain about them the first thing in the morning.

Things went along the waves of time and neither of them tried to change things or make things turn a different way. They were happy going with the flow and persuading the king only to get chased away, again and again.

And Mork never stopped chasing what his heart wants. He believes one day both his father and Pi will agree to his offer.

"You know, I like you. A lot!" Mork breathed out, completely dazed, still looking at Pi.

Pi looked at Mork again, before furrowing his eyebrows, hiding his smile, and blushing deeply, "Quit play, Sutthaya!"

Pi stopped. He regretted his tone immediately as he saw disappointment on Mork's face. He immediately changed the topic, "I am still mad, but I'll forgive you if you show what did you steal from the Palace kitchen".

Mork looked up at him and sighed, picking up his satchel and started displaying the items.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you..." Pi said scratching his nape after a few moments.

Mork grinned, looking up, "so you didn't reject me?"

Pi blushed again before smiling and slapping his hand, "Quit playing already!"

Mork chuckled at the adorable boy in front of him.

He wanted to kiss him right now. But he will wait -for good tygings come those who wait and carry on with their chase.

I love you, he whispered in his mind watching Pi taking a large bite from the bread. He hoped someday he'll scream this out to the world. He cannot wait until then.

_________

My first time writing on a fantasy - romance prompt and also my first one shot for my recent favourite couple Mork and Pi. Too bad, Fish upon the sky is going to end this week. If you haven't watched it yet, do watch because it's awesome!

Anyways, my inspiration for this one shot was 1) the novel the Song of the Lioness, 2) My second favourite Disney movie, Tangled.

Do vote and comment to make me smile :)