mama (3) (sarawattine)

♪♪'This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right
These are the hands of fate
You're my Achilles heel
This is the golden age of something good
And right and real
And I never saw you coming
And I'll never be the same' ♪♪

~ State of Grace by Taylor Swift.

________

No sooner had Tine climbed out of the subway than his phone rang.

Transferring his grocery bag from one hand to the other, he received the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Tine, where are you?" His husband's voice floated out accompanied by their 5year old son's screaming laughter.

"Just got out of the subway. God, it was so crowded today", Tine sighed, exasperatedly.

"Just saw the news about the abrupt strike from the cab union. I was so worried about you!" Tine smiled at the concern latched voice of the latter.

"I am fine. Don't worry", Tine said.

"Hmm... Bright was complaining nonstop. He wanted to play at Win's but his Dad was busy burning the saucepan", Sarawat chuckled.

"What, again?" Tine groaned all the while smiling.

"I wanted to make something good for my husband, is that too wrong?" A pout was evident now. Tine smiled making his cheeks sore. He twisted and turned in the way among the short hullabaloo of the street. "Hmm, I don't know...what about Dome?"

"He wants his mama as soon as possible, he had been throwing tantrums since he woke up", Sarawat sighed, " I am not good at multitasking, you know honey?"

"It's just one day, Wat... Khun Air will be back from tomorrow", Tine cooed.

"How far are you by the way? Should I come to fetch you up?"

"I am almost here. Just five minutes".

As said, it took barely five and half minutes for Tine to reach the house. He was greeted by his husband in tank top and sweatpants, smiling warmly at him. He snatched away the heavy grocery bags from Tine's hands and put them on the counter.

Five-year-old Dome screamed words of welcome and spwarled out his hands asking to be lifted.

"I'm home baby! Did you disturb your Daddy?" Tine chuckled picking him up.

"No", Dome giggled.

"Naughty baby", Tine cooed, tickling him a bit, as the little boy burst into fits of sparkly laughter and squirmed in his arms. Tine put him down on the sofa soon enough after a few more tickles.

"Mama, tummy wants to eat", Dome said picking up his crayons in his small fist.

"Yeah, we will eat soon, honey", he kissed his forehead before walking towards the kitchen. He found Sarawat leaning on the counter and looking at him with a smile.

"How was the day?" he asked.

"Hectic. The grocery store was so crowded!" Tine shook his head. "How was yours?" Tine asked back.

"Chaotic", Sarawat chuckled.

"Understandable", Tine joined him.

Both didn't talk again, Tine started preparing the lunch.

"Mama", Bright entered the room, "when did you come home?"

"A few hours ago, sweetie. Why?" Tine smiled briefly at him before going back to the food, "did you miss me?"