Chapter Two

Poppy walked inside her home and straight to the kitchen, still flabbergasted about what happened on the stage today. "Dad, I got tickets to New York! I also have sung with Branch Timberlake, can you believe that!" 

"I know, I saw! Y'know, you could indisputably keep singing; you could have a career with a voice like that. I'm don't doubt that people would love you," Peppy replied, taking cupcakes out of the oven. "I made complementary chocolate cupcakes!"

"Smells scrumptious, I'll take one but I've got to get to my homework," Poppy said, taking one cupcake and heading to her room. While she was in her room, possibly knowing what's probably going to happen all night, she put her phone on vibrate. "Hah! Not this time,"

                                                          The Next Day
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poppy sprung up from her bed and looked at the time. "I'm late, again!"  She expeditiously got dressed, got herself a snack for the walk to school, and brushed her teeth. "Bye Dad, see you later!" She quickly said before heading out the door.

After some time of running, she was finally at school and was instantly crowded by an assemblage of people. "Bestie!--" some person in the crowd said "--You didn't tell me you were famous!"

"Uh, do I know you people?" Poppy was confused about what these people were talking about, it was intriguing though. People knew her in the school, but they didn't just pay attention to specifically her.

"Woah, Woah folks, give her some space." A familiar voice in the crowd said, pushing through the students and spacing them out. 

"Oh, you," said Poppy in a flat tone. It was Creek, many people in the school didn't seem to like Creek, though the teachers seemed to adore him. He was one of those wealthy students, he had all the new stuff and didn't mind bragging about it, and was pretty bad-mannered to most people.

"Yes, me! You don't seem to know that you've become quite famous these days, millions of people are talking about you," Creek said with a smile. 

"Millions, wow. That's a lot of people--" Poppy said before getting interrupted by a teacher. "Students, we should be in class! Not crowding this girl," The teacher quickly grabbed Poppy away from the crowd. 

"You heard her, we should go," Creek said, earning a smile from the teacher. "Thank you, Creek," the teacher replied with a sigh of relief.

"Thank you miss, I've got to go to class now!" Poppy said, heading into the school, straight to class.

Some time passes, and it's lunch now, Poppy usually sits with Barb, Satin, and Chenille, but she also likes to sit with her other friends, Cooper, Smidge, and Biggie. Many people were looking at her as she walked over to them.

"This is getting weird now," Poppy said as she sat down. "I'm guessing you guys know what happened too, huh?"

"Everyone does! You could say the whole school is talking about you," Smide said. "We never knew you could sing like that!" 

Just then, a girl named Monika walked over to where they were sitting and sat with them. Monika was pretty nice, but she had a few enemies. "Poppy, I didn't know you could sing! You sound wonderful,"

"Thanks, I was surprised myself." Poppy replied. "I'm also going to New York with Satin, Chenille, and Barb, I don't really know what we plan on doing there though,"

"New York? Wow, you really got lucky that day." Biggie said. "Mr.Dinkles would love to go somewhere like there but he doesn't like the road-- or air,"

More people started to walk where Poppy was sitting. "This is gonna be a long day.." Poppy said to herself.