He Was Never Enough - Dream x George

HE WAS NEVER ENOUGH - Dream x George
In Which They Were Once Lovers
Slight NSFW [TW/CW: Angst]

George remembers how it ended. Dream remembers it too, but perhaps his memory is more distant than George's.

George remembers the way it went down. He remembers everything leading up to that moment too, and how he wishes it could've gone differently. He wishes it could've ended with he and Dream staying together, instead of breaking up. But Dream did cheat on George, with Sapnap, so perhaps it was the right call to end it.

George remembers how he found out. He also remembers how long it took for him to confront Dream about it. He remembers figuring out Dream must've known that he knew, because the blonde tried to hide it less and less.

It's engraved in his mind, and he can't seem to forget any of it.

George dug through the nightstand drawer, looking for his spare phone charger. He stopped rummaging through the draw once he came across a polaroid photo. A photo of Dream and Sapnap, with a heart drawn in sharpie on it. The brit was confused, though he thought of it as a platonic heart. The two in the photo were side by side, Dream's arm hung around Sapnap in a brotherly way, right?

Wrong.

The brit disregarded the photo, and put it back in the drawer after finally finding his spare charger.

That was his first mistake. It only got more obvious from there.

George sat on the couch cuddled up to Dream watching a movie he had put on for the two. He would be completely focused on the movie, if the blonde weren't on his phone. He had been on his phone since right after the movie had started. Even though George tried to ignore it, the blonde seemed far more interested in whomever he was texting rather than the movie.

"Who are you texting?" George asks, immediately mentally kicking himself after saying the four words. Smooth George, smooth.

"Sapnap." Dream admits. "We're discussing next weeks manhunt video." he still hasn't looked away from his phone, but George just shrugs and returns to watching the movie. He ignores the small movement from the blonde as he types away on his phone. He ignores the way Dream didn't even bother looking at him when answering his question. He ignores it all.

That was his second mistake.

"What are you doing?" George asks, the pretty red lipstick he had put on waxy on his lips as he speaks. His eyes are covered in nude eyeshadow colors. He wears a dark mascara on his eyelashes, the volume and curl of his eyelashes increased tenfold. His cheeks are pink with blush, and shiny with highlight. "Why are you still dressed like that?"

Dream looks up from his phone to his boyfriend standing near the stairwell. The brunet wears a pastel blue t-shirt and a black skirt with it, and he looks gorgeous. "What do you mean?" he asks, and George frowns.

"We have a date tonight, have you forgotten?" Dream's face drops.

"Oh- I promised Sapnap I would shoot hoops with him tonight, I'm sorry." George's frown grows, and Dream walks over to him and cups his face. "I'm sorry, hun. I promise I'll make it up to you and we can go on our date tomorrow, okay?" he looks down at George and George nods, not making eye contact with the blonde. Dream smiles and gives him a kiss on the forehead before leaving to go hang out with Sapnap.

MCYT Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें