II: A Newcomer to Camelot

Princess Clarissa, now only 25-years-old, sits in the cave deep beneath the castle with the Great Dragon Kilgharrah as they talk for hours

Princess Clarissa, now only 25-years-old, sits in the cave deep beneath the castle with the Great Dragon Kilgharrah as they talk for hours. "No young man or woman, no matter how great, can know their destiny. They cannot glimpse their part in the great story that is about to unfold." He says, and the brunette rolls her eyes as she hears the same thing again. "Like everyone, they must live and learn. And so it will be for the young Warlock arriving at the gates of Camelot." She looks up at him in shock as he smiles at her. "A boy that will in time father a legend. His name: Merlin."

"You always surprise me, Kilgharrah, but are you sure that it's today?" She asks him.

"I am sure, and you will know soon enough," He tells her, and she smiles, getting to her feet, being careful, and dusting herself off. "I will see you again, dear one."

"Goodbye for now," She waves as she walks up the steps she's grown accustomed to as she heads upstairs, knowing what is to come.

~ FASCINATING ~

The Princess walks through the castle halls and hears the sound of horns and drums coming from the main square; she stops to see the people of Camelot gathering for the public execution of another caught practising Magic. She opens the window as she watches, as the trumpets sound out and the crowd falls silent except for the steady rhythm of the drums, the people watching the hiddenness of their king's hatred for Magic. Clarissa frowns as she watches, fearing for people like her and those that practise the art of Magic; she feels someone standing behind her and sees her best friend Prince Arthur of Camelot. Though he may be a prat to others, he was always kind to her; he knew her darkest secret and keeps them secret from his own father, and she loves him for it, though she fears it's one-sided. "Why are you watching this? You'll have nightmares again," He warns her as he tries to pry her away.

"It's not right, what your father does," She tells him, and he closes the windows, but they don't move away as he holds her in his arms, trying to give her some sort of comfort.

"I know," He whispers.

"Let this serve as a lesson to you all." King Uther Pendragon speaks from a balcony overlooking the main square with knights flanking his sides. "This man, Thomas James Collins, is adjudged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and Magic. And pursuant to the Laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death." The crowd breaks out into murmurs, and Clarissa grips tightly onto Arthur's shirt. "I pride myself as a fair and just King, but for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass." The drums sound again, Clarissa closes her eyes, but she hears the sound of the chop and the crowd gasping; Arthur brushes his hand overhead, trying to soothe her as she cries. "When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help, Magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival to celebrate nearly 30 years since the Great Dragon was captured and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. Let the celebrations begin." He announces, and Clarissa stops her crying, prying the window open, feeling a burst of Magic, seeing an elderly woman in rags standing in the centre of the crowd as they part due to her loud cries of loss.