IV: The Deadliest of Plagues

Princess Clarissa walks through the castle halls with Merlin smiling as they head towards the magic room; Arthur walks out of his room, seeing the two magic-users talking, growing a little jealous of their closeness

Princess Clarissa walks through the castle halls with Merlin smiling as they head towards the magic room; Arthur walks out of his room, seeing the two magic-users talking, growing a little jealous of their closeness. "Merlin!" He shouts, not able to stop himself as they both turn to face the prince. "I need you now!"

"Can't it wait? It's his day off," Clarissa questions him, and he smiles at her, having a soft spot for her.

"Sure, of course," He replies and watches as they walk away.

~ OTHERWORLDLY ~

The powerful High Priestess Nimueh stands in her cave on the Isle of the Blessed, creating a magical beast out of clay, the water from the basin helping mould the clap. She takes out a magical egg with runes. She shuts the casing, clicking the lock shut. "Berbay odothay arisan yeldo." She recites the incantation, tapping the magical egg that begins to glow, and a faint heartbeat comes from inside. The High Priestess places the egg into the basin's water, and it travels through a series of underground water tunnels, popping out in a man-made cavern. The magical egg begins to crack from the inside, something trying to break out, and Nimueh shifts the water of her basin to watch the Kingdom of Camelot and its people from her cave. "Bebiede þe arisan ealdu."

~ OTHERWORLDLY ~

Gaius and Merlin walk into the lower town, looking over the corpse lying in the middle of the street as people walk by. "Aren't you scared?" Merlin asks as he cautiously steps around the body.

"Of what?" Gaius asks him as he kneels down next to the deceased male.

"That you might catch whatever it is," He reasons as he moves into a crouch.

"I'm the court physician, Merlin. This is part of my job. Most of the time, there's nothing really to be scared of." He turns the corpse over, revealing a deadly white-skinned, white-eyed face.

"You were saying?" The Warlock questions.

"People mustn't see this. They'll panic," Gaius warns him, and Merlin takes a blanket from nearby to cover up the dead body.

~ OTHERWORLDLY ~

Gwen and her father, Tom, get ready for their day of work. "Dad, here's your sandwich," Gwen tells her father as she rushes around their small cosy home.

"Ooh," He walks over to their kitchen table, sniffing the packed lunch. "Mmm, what's in it?" He asks her.

"It's smoked pigeon. But I'd say there's more smoke than pigeon." She jokes, making Tom laugh.

"You're such a good girl to me," He compliments her with a bright smile.

"And I've done you some watercress soup tonight," She informs him as she collects everything, beginning to head off to the castle.