Chapter 2

"Sup, freaks." 

Surprise, surprise. Guess who it was?

Gru over there decided to let one of his minions roam free. In other words: Dominic Hensley. Jock. Extreme homophobe and bully. Feared by most nerds. Myles Bell had a heart, a stone-cold one sometimes, he didn't hurt people, and still thought about them and felt bad; but Hensley didn't have a stone heart, he didn't even have one at all.

"Sup, minion," Destiny says with her steely voice. Hensley just laughed. 

"I ain't following that, that, fag anymore," Hensley said while sniggering. "He told me not to lay a hand on you, and I disagreed, so he kicked me out. And look what he gets in return for his actions. An almost dead freak." In that entire speech, he steered us out of class, and out into a deserted; and without cameras, hall. 

"What do you mean by a-almost dead." I cringed, while Jesse stuttered. 

"Oh, you'll see." And with that, Hensley drove his fist into Jess's head. 

"Jesse!" I cried out. Destiny wanted to charge Hensley, but I held her back by her arms, and slowly she calmed down and ended up holding me in her arms. Good thing I was shorter. 

Hensley only followed one rule: he didn't hurt girls unless they hurt him. Or he's drunk. So, it was almost torture to was him beat up Jess until he was unconscious, bloody, and had a swollen foot on the floor. He gave Jesse three more kicks in the stomach, which made him upheave blood. 

"Bye fag." he spat angrily and walked away. I lurched out of Destiny's arms and next to the smaller boy's bloody body on the ground. I felt my eyes water and glued my gaze to Jess's closed silver-grey iris. 

"I'll go get the nurse." And Des was off. I sat there in a daze until Des grabbed me by the shoulders. I stood and suddenly wrapped my arms around the ginger-haired girl's body. "He'll be alright," Des said into my hair. The nurse looked at me and asked, 

"What happened?" 

"Uh... he fell." I lie. I felt Des stiffen for a moment as she tried to figure out why. Then she realized and relaxed. 

"You don't get a bashed-in head and a broken foot from falling over nothing in an empty hall, girls. Now tell me, what happened?" The old woman sighed and shifted her weight while staying crouched. "I won't tell anybody, I swear."

"A bully," I say, as a sob wrenches through my throat.

"Who?"

"Dominic Hensley. Tall. Brown hair. Dark brown eyes. Muscled." Destiny says automatically. 

"Ahh, I thought so. Well, girls, we better call a hospital."