Chapter 3

***Destiny's P.O.V*** 

I sadly watched the smaller girl sleeping fitfully in my arms. I loved her. It was undeniable. Her upper body lied in my lap, and her legs were spread over the leather hospital couch. We had gotten here a few hours ago, Myles Bell arrived a few moments ago, and was pacing the waiting room, muttering to himself about how Jesse wasn't awake yet.

"You really like him, don't you," I say it as a fact, not a question. He stops pacing and looks at me.

"I'd say the same to you about her." It was unquestionable who we were speaking about.

"When he wakes up Bell, tell him how you feel. Don't lead him on. I trust you enough to be kind to him." There was really no status or monetary gain to dating Jess, so the only other thing I could assume was that Bell truly liked Jess. I looked down and watched Angie cuddle closer to me. My breath caught in my throat. I loved the way her glossy brown hair cascaded around her face, framing her sparkly fern green eyes. I loved the way her nose curved. Her jutting chin as she bragged about how high she could leap from at the park. Her smiling plump lips as she looked at me daily. I wanted her all to myself. Without thinking, I leaned down and kissed her forehead. I glance up and see giant, quarter-back, football leader Myles Bell smiling at me. The door opens and I pull back as Angie's eyes crack open. 

"Jesse Ember's taking guests now." The nurse in her pale white suit said as we all rushed to stand in front of her. She leads us down the hall and to right, which was where Jess's room was. We burst in and the first thing I see is Jess, sitting up, with a heavily bandaged left side of his face. 

"Jesse!" I say and hug him. Along with Angela. I glance over and see Myles looking antsy until we backed away.  

"Oh god, I'm going to kill that freak." Jesse smiles. 

"Don't worry about it. The doctors say he's already in huge trouble." 

"Not until I beat him up. And kick him off the team." 

"Done, and... wait. He hasn't been beaten up yet." The silver-eyed boy said.

I look at Angie for a hot minute and she meets my gaze. I felt love tear through my gut again, so I tore my gaze away and glance at Jess,

and see the two are kissing.

"Eww! Can't you wait until your alone!" Angie said. Both boys break away and begin to nervously laugh. 

"Come on, Angie, let's leave the lovebirds alone." I grasped Angie's small hand in mine, and slightly pull her out of the room and down a hall. "I wanna show you something."

I led her down a couple of different halls, with different patients; some old, some only two years old. I push through a door, and stop, realizing we're here on the landing. Well, I call it the landing. It was really a small ledge from really high up, overlooking a wide garden, and a couple of roads. 

"Woah, Des. This is really beautif-" 

"Shh." I say, holding a finger up to her lips. "Look." A bird had landed on the railing next to her. I sang a song, a truly beautiful song, as we watched in silence.

Love was like that. Taking many different, long, harsh ways, just for another person. You met so many people along the way, taking their own paths to love, maybe unseeable at the time, but as soon as they saw that one face, they knew they were on a long, treacherous path. I was one that believed in soulmates, people you're connected to by an invisible string, that draws you to them, vice versa. Friends were there along the way, but they couldn't help you on your path, they could only choose to stay with you and guide you. Once you reached the apex of your journey, you get a reward for your hard work or you get turned down. Then, your free falling. You could only choose to love your soulmate and hope they loved you in return. If they did, it was a soft landing. If they didn't, it was like you landing on hard spikes. Each landing had a bit of each other in them though.

Once the bird flew away, Angie turned towards me, her face inches from mine. 

"That was truly beautiful Destiny." I cupped the side of her face with my hand. I leaned in close and our lips connected.

***Angela's P.O.V***

Destiny kissed me. Destiny was kissing me. My brain was going crazy. I grabbed her around the neck and pulled her closer, but she pulled away and looked at me. 

"I really, really, really like you, Angela," The taller girl said suddenly.

"I really, really, really like you too, Destiny." 

"Really, really like you." 

She suddenly leaned down and connected our lips again.