𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 | 𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗿

• S I M O N E •

Secluded was the best way to describe Zachary Langford's house. It was situated farther from other on-campus settlements, which seemed deliberate especially for occasions like this. The loud thumping of music bouncing off the walls of his house, welcomed us as we trailed in with other invitees who seemed more excited to be attending.

Walking beside Danielle was comforting yet overwhelming. She had an air of authority and confidence swirling around her as she approached people, walked, smiled and even talked. Calling her popular was quite inaccurate, she was frankly the center of attention when she was present. Everyone seemed to know her, or pretended to, knowing she wouldn't even remember their names if they lied just to get a hug or acknowledgement.

"Miss Pembrooke actually came early, what a surprise," A star-studded man said as we entered the kitchen in the apartment. His jet dark hair was sleeked back, giving an unintrusive view of his beautiful face. It was weird to call this man beautiful but that's just what he was.

He wrapped his arms around an ecstatic Danielle who returned the hug in kind, giggling as he mutters something in her ear. "Hello to you too, Zach" she greets, pecking him on the lips before turning to me, "This is my new roommate, Simone. Simone, this is my boyfriend, Zach" she says as they share an oogly eyed stare that makes me look away briefly before taking his extended hand in mine.

"Nice to meet you. You're the new girl then?" he asks, moving to grab two solo cups filled with taupe tinted liquid. "you're going to love Azure Valley; we'll make sure you have a great time here"

"Thank you," I say, gladly taking the offered cup in my hands. I take a sip and immediately regret it. I shouldn't have expected much from a party filled with raging teens. Alcohol was staple and it'd been assumed that I was a fan. I was indifferent.

The kitchen starts getting more crowded as people line up at the fridge, waiting their turn to grab something whilst others grappled for the stack of pizza boxes, popcorn and chip filled bowls set on the kitchen island.

I stood awkwardly next to Danielle whose attention was completely fixed on Zachary, hands wrapped around his torso as they talked. It seemed like they remembered my existence eventually when she turns to me, "C'mon, we want to find a spot to sit at, we're about to play some games"

I oblige, following them as we made our way to the living room. People were already settling down, trying to sit around in a circle as we made our way to sit as well.

I take my place beside Danielle and some other dude that she apparently knows, "Vincent, have you met Simone yet?" she bends over, smiling at the guy who wore a rather accustomed black leather jacket, his face adorned with various piercings and a tattoo on his neck of what seemed like an eclipse. "She's new" she adds.

"I don't believe I have" he says, smiling brightly at me, "I'm sure I'd remember if I'd seen her pretty face somewhere before, it's nice to meet you" he says, his aura giving off thespian vibes or is it womanizing vibes?

"Same here" I say as we turn our attention to Zach standing in the middle of the circle, trying to get everyone's attention. Someone turns the music down, allowing everyone to hear what he's saying.

"We're about to play truth or dare, but with a little twist" he says, mischief glimmering in his eyes as he observes everyone's reaction, "Here's how its going to go; everyone would get a number, someone will start by saying 'lemon [their number], lemon [any number they choose]' and the cycle continues. When your number is called, you'd have to be quick to call say that and someone else's number, if you fumble, you'll have to play truth or dare with the availability of only two truths" he says, "let's all take our numbers"