The Fifth Shadow of the Leaf

After the attack of the Kyuubi, many of the Shinobi and civilians suffered from the traumatic experience of the attack. They suffered many casualties and losses including loved ones. Reconstruction of the village was underway as the reparations of the Northern and eastern district sector of the village that suffered the most damage was almost complete. Everyone moved on and licked the wounds. Well except for a select few.

Back at the Hokage's tower, Hiruzen was stuck doing what all Kage fear the most PAPERWORK. That's right paperwork, a kage's worst nightmare. After the attack he's gone through pile after pile after pile. Oooh how did he wish he could just make it disappear forever.

'Curse you Minato you leave this world but you don't give me the secret to defeat paperwork' he groaned as he scanned through the papers.

Many of the papers were from the civilian council that demanded lots of money to repair their homes and businesses that were destroyed in the attack. Hiruzen sighed as he leaned back into his chair and smoked his pipe, the civilian council had been a pain in ass ever since he took the mantle of Hokage. He still couldn't believe his sensei Hashirama gave them a say in shinobi affairs, which was a mistake as the civilians grew arrogant and began to abuse their authority. But he hoped when Someone retakes the mantle he will be able to set things straight.

'I'm getting to old for this' the professor said smoking his pipe as he went over the reports of the damage. "BEAR" he yelled bear masked ANBU knelt before him.

"Hai Sandaime-sama" the ANBU stated.

"Give me the full situation report, the number of casualties of both civilians and Shinobi." Hiruzen ordered.

"Hokage-sama shinobi casualties have estimated to 1,000 shinobi along with 150 ANBU dead and the number is still rising. We haven't cleared all of the debris of the Northern and Eastern sector so we aren't really sure. However the civilian casualties have reached to 1,500 dead and many in critical condition." BEAR finished.

"Very well thank you for the report BEAR you are dismissed, leave the report here on my desk and return to your duties." Hiruzen commanded.

"With your leave Hokage-sama" said BEAR as he flickered away.

'Argh! Just when I'm finally ready to retire Kami herself decides to fuck it up and now I have to deal with more paperwork" he groaned as rubbed his temples. "Why does Kami hates me?"

After ten minutes Hiruzen had finally finished up the remaining paperwork that was the death of him for years. He was glad to finally be rid of it, the only thing left to do now was to make his sensei the new Hokage and finally retire to live out the remainder of his years as he wants. He got up from his seat and cleaned off his desk, and started to smoke is pipe when Orochimaru appeared.

"Still smoking Hiruzen-sensei those things can kill you you know" the snake chuckled.

"When your as old as I am, you realize that sometimes a smoke can make any stressful day a relief." He sighed taking a puff.

"Oh please, the only thing those things do is kill you faster" Orochimaru pointed out. "so any plans for the hokage position since Minato died?" 

"As a matter of fact, I have." Hiruzen answered with a smile on his face.

Lord Third took off his hat and robes and presented them to Orochimaru. The sanin took them with great shock as he gazed up at his teacher. 

"sensei are you sure? are you absolutely sure? I know im a suitable candidate but I'm sure the public would prefer a Senju or perhaps an uchiha." 

Lord Third placed a hand on the man and gripped it lightly, "Orochimaru you are my prized student and I would trust you with the village more than my other students. Believe me when i say you would make a perfect leader. Trust me."