chapter 13 || chillin

(a/n) hey u .. u there... go check out my wilbur fic ;)

also i absolutely love seeing your comments but please dont make negative comments on my choice of story direction. like sure, make fun of what's happening, but don't bash me over it. for the most part though y'all are funny as hell. <3

also please vote on the chapters , it really is a massive boost :]

enjoy !
—————————

breakfast was... more than interesting.

"so you were up late? both of you? coincidentally?" karl was like a cop with these interrogative questions.

the mistake came in when alex and i both tried to speak at the same time.

"well i was up by myself-"

"yeah we both were just-"

fuck.

"yeah alright." karl plummeted his spoon back into his cereal mindlessly. i bit the inside of my cheek.

"i woke up," i sighed, "and woke alex up to talk. no biggie," i shrugged, attempting to play it off.

karl nodded without looking back up, and i looked over at quackity, who was refusing to look back at me. i rolled my eyes and got up from the bar, wanting to get away from the awkwardness that crowded the room.

"hey, wait," alex began to follow me. i continued to walk into the living room without saying anything. "what are you doing?"

"what's it look like i'm doing genius?" i grabbed the remote and plopped onto the couch, letting my fingers work to scroll through the channels, the tv being less on my mind. i was looking for an out.

"sorry," alex replied sheepishly, "can i sit with you?"

"i don't see what's stopping you."

alex sat next to me on the couch, i watched as he attempted to get comfortable.

i eventually found a cartoon and looking over at alex was the last thing i remembered before falling asleep

——————————

maybe i do sleep a lot.

i smacked my lips together and took a moment to become aware of my surroundings. ah, hello alex.

the boy had his head laid on my shoulder, mouth slightly agape, completely passed out. i once again caught myself smiling at his stupidly cute face and stopped for a moment to admire his features without a stupid remark.

"see something you like?" karl turned the corner out of nowhere.

"nope." i popped the p.

"i think you do," karl smirked teasingly.

"shut up, dumbass. let me live." i left it at that.

alex woke up shortly after that, and once he woke up, then we took a moment to discuss what movie we should watch.

"YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE HARRY POTTER MOVIES?" alex shouted upon his newfound realization. looking back at him in false fear i held my hands up in surrender. guess i did bring this upon myself.

"no, but we can watch them now," i grinned. he shook his head and started to look for them with the remote in his left hand. i was now sat on his right side after getting up to put in some popcorn.

"yo y/n did you put in the popcorn?" karl walked into the room.

"you hear popping, don't you?" the room went silent after that to reveal the sounds of the kernels popping in the other room. i looked at karl triumphantly and he rolled his eyes, walking out the room to wait for the popcorn to finish.

"what a dork," i mumbled more to myself.

"oh, he's the dork?" alex remarked. i whipped my head around to him.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"it means you're an epic GEEK and you're not the one to be talking about who's a dork," he reasoned.

"oh yeah?" i retaliate, "says the one INSISTING i watch the harry potter movies," i crossed my arms.

"hey! the harry potter movies are CLASSICS and even your OWN FLESH AND BLOOD CAN AGREE"

"what about me?" karl came back into the room and sat next to me, tossing a piece of popcorn in the air, catching it in his mouth.

"that you're the sexiest motherfucker i know," alex bit his lip, overdramatized. i rolled my eyes. "karl did you even buy the damn movies?"

"i did! i literally got them like two months ago on prime video, dweeb."

i zoned out as the boys argued until karl was snapping his fingers in front of my face, offering me popcorn. i gladly accepted, of course.

once the movie was going, i found myself struggling to get comfortable, and while karl didn't care, quackity did notice. he leaned over to my ear. "you can lay your head on me if ya want." he pulled back and shrugged. i looked around and grabbed a pillow from next to me, and placed it on his lap. i laid with my back flat on the couch, that way i could turn my head to the TV and still lay comfortable.

alex grabbed a blanket and draped it across my body, to which i looked up and flashed a smile at him for. he slipped his hand under the blanket, and put his arm around my stomach, latching on my waist. i readjusted myself and turned my back towards him. with that, he pulled my body closer into his own. i couldnt lie either, i really did enjoy it. i enjoyed the closeness and the feeling of comfort that radiated from him.

i enjoyed everything about him though.

i had eventually lost the plot of 'harry potter and the sorcerer's stone' and switched my gaze up to quackity. i watched his face as the colors from the screen flashed across it. he looked back down at me and instantly looked away feeling my face flush.

i felt his stomach moved as he silently laughed. he leaned down to my ear once more, so close i could feel the warmth of his breath and whispered, "you're really cute when you blush." which of course, made my cheeks turn redder. i turned slightly and quietly slapped him in the chest, which made him laugh again. i shook my head, his smile not yet faltering.

he moved his hand off my waist, to which i looked up at him and frowned over. instead of removing all touch though, he just replaced his hand on my thigh, still under the blanket. thankfully for that, because karl might just have had a heart attack. he rubbed his hand soothingly up and down my thigh, making me feel so many things at once.

and yet, i couldn't stop thinking about what would have happened if i would have kissed him last night.