terms you may need to know

pu'er
a variety of traditionally produced tea in the Yunnan Province of China

TEA TIME WAS FIKA.

Fika was a Swedish term. It meant "a moment to slow down and appreciate the good things in life", a time to share a cup of coffee or nibble a crumpet or two. Verine had found the word in a book one day while sweeping the upper shelves of the palace's library. She noted the Swedish term as a a concept, a state of mind, an attitude.

Every day, the princess took it upon herself to perform fika. She'd brush her hair back, put on her favourite pearl-laced jade fa zan and pour herself a delicious beverage.
Some days, she went for a cup of latte, often with a flavoured syrup stirred in.
On other days, she went for a simple cup of pu'er.

Whatever the day was, tea time was essential.
Especially when she had so much to be thankful for.

"And how are Tahani's marigolds adjusting in the garden?" Verine asked, gently lifting her arm to pour some pu'er into Clover's teacup, a small dark object with wild blue flowers detailed at its side. Clover's main duty in the castle was to upkeep its presentability, focusing mainly on the splendid greenery. Working with Verine, they kept the distinct building in tip top shape.

Unlike the light floral princess of the queendom, Clover had a completely different aesthetic in terms of her own outlook. With wavy pink hair that flowed long through luscious locks, defined eyebrows and bambi eyes, she stood out from the crowd. Yet, the princess was far from loud and brashful. She was shy, introverted and often awkward. Clover also held on to the belief of true love - soulmates, fate and the beyond.

Verine wasn't quite sure what to believe about love at all.

Raising a dark defined brow, Clover gave a repressed smile, "They're doing well, although I'm doing most of the work while Tahani simply marvels at the beauty of her babies."

Verine nodded, relating to the statement most immediately.

"And is everything set for the arrival of our honoured guests?"

Clover nodded once more, lips curling up slightly, "Yes, the Welcome Banquet is well on its way." Clearing her throat, the princess stood up, the silver rings curling past her fingers glinting through the hallway, "If you'll excuse me, I have other matters to attend to, sister. I'll see you later, perhaps?"

The older smiled reluctantly. Fika was meant for the well-being of her sisters. Yet, Clover never seemed to enjoy times like this. She scolded herself for letting work get to her head. After all, Fika was meant to be a time of self-reflection and relaxation. Pulling herself together, the royal pulled her head back up.