prologue, the great escape!

PROLOGUE, the great escape!

ੈ♡

      'NINE, FOCUS!' DR. BRENNER YELLED. the girl's lip quivered violently.

      it was as if her power wasn't working. she was trying to get into the man in front of her's mind, but it wouldn't work. she felt defeated.

     the one thing that brought her praise in the awful place wasn't working. she felt like she might explode with the rage she had against herself in this moment.

     'what is he thinking, nine?' the man pushed for an answer. 'hurry!'

     'i don't know!' the girl yelled, slamming her fists down on the table, and before anything else could happen, the man in front of her flew into the wall. this had never happened before— the young girl's power was mind control and mind reading not whatever that was— she wasn't even sure if she had done it herself.

     dr. brenner grinned, petting her like a cat or dog. 'good girl, nine.'

      that wasn't her name. winona, that was her name.

      she wasn't supposed to know her name, but she remembered.

     'stop!' winona shouted, throwing her head around to face the man. dr. brenner was thrown into the air as well, making the guards in the room grab her. as they grabbed her, the wires connected to her head got ripped off. 

      'i'm proud of you.' dr. brenner told the blonde girl. 'take her to her room.'

      'you don't want us to take her to one of the isolation rooms?' one guard asked.