Steve x Nat

Nat's Pov

Missions. I never had a problem with them before and this one really shouldn't be a problem. Except it is, I have to go undercover as Steve's wife for a month, the same guy who I have been in love with for four years and watched him date Sharon and split up with Sharon. 

So my dilemma is we have to kiss, hold hands, go on dates, act as if we are married and it will all be real to me, but not real to him.  Maybe during this mission I can tell him how I really feel, and maybe just maybe he will feel the same for me, but who knows? 

Turning off the water I step out of my shower and wrap a towel around my body, walking out into my room. As I'm changing my door flies open and I quickly grab my gun turning and pointing it at the intruder. 

"Hey Nat I-" Here I am, naked standing in front of a blushing Steve who is just standing there staring and for the first time I feel self conscious. "You know Rogers, knocking wouldn't hurt" 

I lower my gun and quickly throw a shirt on along with some shorts, "need something?" He's standing there staring at the spot I was once standing in, mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"ROGERS!" my shout broke him out of his trance and he turns his head to look at me, and fixes his posture. "Yeah I needed to talk to you about the mission." I nodded and brushed through my hair waiting for him to start talking. 

"Uh, could we uh, take this somewhere else, maybe I take you out to lunch?" His voice was hesitant and shy so unlike him.  A smile found it's way onto my face and I nodded, "Let me change first" he nodded and walked to the door closing the door softly, his back was facing me and I took note that he wasn't leaving my room. 

Throwing on skinny jeans and a shirt I walk over to Steve who is standing by my door fist clenched and cheeks a light pink color and I just wanted to peck his cheek like it was normal for us but I restrained myself. 

Sitting in the small café, Steve hasn't muttered a single word and I wondered if he was trying to think of the right words. Our drinks come out and finally he speaks, "So about the mission. I-I want to make sure you are comfortable with it?" Stuttering? Steve doesn't stutter, there's got to be more to this. "Yeah, I mean it's just kissing and holding hands, we've kissed on missions before." He nodded and bit his lip he looked like he needed to say more. "Yeah except, Fury informed me that we might have to do more than kissing." 

I cocked my head to the side slightly confused, "oh, why?" His hands were fidgeting and I could tell he was nervous, "because when we're supposed to be newly wed, and we get onto the elevators; excited, and it stops and other people; Hydra, get on and we have to continue kissing or doing something so they can't see us." 

I took in this information and realized we'll be staying at a hotel that is infested with Hydra agents, so we'll have to sell it to about 30 agents not just 5 or 6 but 30. As I was thinking about this I heard Steve clear his throat, "Oh what?" He looked down at the table and his voice was just barely over a whisper. "I was wondering if we could uh practice?" his voice was almost unheard but I heard it clearly, "Yeah" he looked up and I continued, "I mean you being a fossil and your last kiss in 1945" I teased and he chuckled. "Yeah." 

We walked back into my room agreeing to practice in private, he asked to do the elevator scene later, after he mastered the kissing part to which I had chuckled. So he awkwardly stood there and I rolled my eyes, "The kiss needs to seem natural, so let's watch a movie loosen you up okay?" He nodded and walked to my bed, I threw my shoes off and grabbed the remote getting comfortable.  We agreed to make this seem as couple like as possible so once he took his shoes off I climbed next to him putting his arms around my body and laying my head on his chest. I felt him relax after a few minutes, small smile showing on my face and scrolled through Netflix.