5:14PM

By the time four Nirvana songs played, Luke and Tash arrived at Tash’s house. They both got out of the car and headed up the porch steps of the house. Tash opened the door and allowed Luke inside.

“Tash, is that you?” Her mother called. Tash sighed and rolled her eyes, tired of her mother already.

“Yeah. I have a friend here; we’re going upstairs.” Tash told her mother. She grabbed Luke’s hand and ran up the stairs, into Tash’s bedroom.

Luke gasped when he saw the poster covered walls, similar to his walls. He was in awe. She even had a Front Porch Step poster!

“You doin’ okay there, Luke?” Tash asked. She noticed how happy Luke was when he saw the posters. “Yup, just dandy.” He smiled from ear to ear. Luke walked to over to Tash’s bed and sat next to her. Tash was staring at the ground, obviously thinking hard.

“What are you thinking about?” Luke asked, curious as to what she’s thinking. Maybe she found out that you’re the one texting her, Luke thought.

“Why have been so nice to me?” She began. “This whole day, you’ve been nothing but nice; why? You’re usually such a dick to everyone.”

Luke was taken aback. Yeah, sometimes he could be a dick but he didn’t think he was the big of one. He was also a little hurt that the girl he liked thought of him that way. But, she didn’t know he liked her and he almost regretted texting her in the first place.

“I don’t know, you’re just so nice to everyone and, at the grocery store, you were so quiet and calm when I spoke to you, I decided to take the chance and ask to hang out with you.” Luke explained. “I never really knew people thought of me as an egotistical dick,” Luke confessed. He looked down, embarrassed by the way he was acting.

“I guess people are just jealous that you have everything together. Not many people know what they wanna do and you’re just there not giving a fuck about the world, and they’re jealous on how you could be so calm about things sometimes,” Tash said.

“Are you shitting me right now?” Luke snapped. “I don’t have anything together! My parents kicked me out and I fucking live alone! I don’t know what to do anymore so I depend on drugs and alcohol. I’m just some freak who only has three friends! I never tried to be this way; I never wanted to be this way.”

Tash stared at luke, admiring his features. His jaw was clenched and he was tense after his little outburst, but Tash still thought he looked hot.

No one said anything or moved for about five minutes, until Tash pulled Luke into a bear hug and whispered an “I’m sorry,” into his ear.