4:37AM

Luke didn’t know what to do. How could he have messed up like that? He should've just texted Tash as himself in the first place, if he did then everything wouldn’t have been so messed up. Luke did what he knew to be best; asking his friends for advice.

He took out his phone and called his best friend, Michael. The phone rang a couple times before Michael answered, upset that he was awakened from his beauty sleep.

“Yo, Mikey, you up?” Luke said into the phone.

“Of course I’m up you dumbass. How else would I answer the phone? With my feet while I’m asleep?” He replied sassily.

“Dude, I don’t need your sass right now. I have a serious problem.” Luke announced.

Michael immediately sat up on his bed, concerned for his best friend. “What happened? Did you die?” Michael asked.

“No, you dofus. I’ve been texting this girl-” Luke started.

“It’s about time you’ve gotten laid! It’s been forever!” Michael interrupted.

“No, I have not gotten laid.” Luke said, annoyed that Michael had interrupted him.

“Anyway, I’ve been texting this girl and she doesn’t know it’s me; she thinks it’s some other Luke from our grade because she hates my guts.”  

“Well, damn.” Michael exhaled. “Who is it?”

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you…” Luke told him.

“Aw, man c’mon. You call me at three in the morning-”

“It’s four in the morning actually,” Luke corrected Michael.

“Fuck you, man. Anyway, as I was saying, you call me this early in the morning and I don’t even get to know who you’re texting?” Michael continued.

“Alright, alright. Fine.” Luke gave in. He knew he couldn’t keep anything from his best mate. “Her name is Tash.”

“Wait, wait. Tash? As in, Tash Mckinley?” Michael gasped, baffled.

“Yes.” Luke confirmed quietly.

“How’d you score her?”

“ I didn’t ‘score’ her, we’re just texting and we hung out like a couple weeks ago but we never spoke to each other in real life since.”

“Man, if I were in your position I would have banged her already.” Michael said.

“Dude! Stop having dirty dreams and help me!” Luke begged.

“Alright, alright. What happened?”

“Well, I maybe sort of hooked up with Valerie this weekend…” Luke said quietly.

“Who’s Valerie?”

“Her bestfriend.”