Part six

Evie's POV

We walked into the house and Leo was holding Ashton and Bucky taking them upstairs. I took my cardigan off and threw it in the bin. I then got the towels out and began scrubbing the blood off the floor. Leo came in and sat on the floor with me cleaning the mess.

"Why is there so much blood? How can someone loose this much?" I asked laughing. My laughing slowly turned into crying.

"Why would he do this? Why would he do it where ashton could see?" I sobbed. Leo leaned forward and pulled me towards me hugging me.

"I'm sorry you had to see this, god my life's such a mess" i said whilst crying. He rubbed my back and kept whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

"I'm sure it isn't a mess Evie" he said. "But it is!" I said sitting up. "My dad, he has bipolar disorder. He's an alcoholic and drug user!" I said. "None of that has to do with you" he said.

"It does! Because I'm bipolar too! I dont wanna end up like him!" I said shaking my head. He took my face in his hands and caressed it with his thumbs. "You won't Evie, its going to be ok." He said. I nodded and started cleaning up again.

"Why don't you get some rest? Ill clean this?" He said. I nodded my head and got into the shower.

I washed the blood off my body and did my basic hygiene things before getting dressed into a pair of black leggings, black sports bra and a white cardigan. I then grabbed my old clothes and took them downstairs. I threw them into the bin and walked back up stairs.

I got into the blowup bed and slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When i woke up i saw that ashton and Bucky weren't in bed. So assumed that they were downstairs. I got up and dressed into a black crop top, blue ripped jeans and under the ripped jeans were a pair of fishnet tights. I then put my trainers on and straightened my hair.

When i got downstairs i saw Bucky playing with his teddy, ashton was watching spider man: far from home and Leo was making the baby crib. When he saw me he gave me a smile which i returned.
"I think you need to go food shopping, there's hardly anything in the house" he told me. I nodded my head and got myself a glass of water.

I sat the cup of tea i made for Leo next to him as he thanked me. I looked through the post and saw i had to pay for a school trip ashton is going on tomorrow. I took out my purse and took the 49 quid out placing it in the envelope. Now i have 500 to keep us going till the end of the year. Should be enough.

"Leo I'm going to go shopping, you wanna come with?" I asked. "Yeah sure, you going to drive your car?" He asked. I nodded my head and placed ashton and Bucky's car seats in the back. I got in the drivers side and Leo sat next to me. he sent me a reassuring smile as i drove to the closest Lidl.

Once we got there i took Bucky out and Leo held Ashtons hand. I put the pound in the trolly and placed Bucky in the seat. Leo picked ashton up and sat him in the cart bit. We walked inside and i begun looking through the shop. I grabbed bread, apples, bananas, grapes, carrots, a cucumber, lettuce, crisps, 4 packs of sweets, nuggets, chips, pizzas. I then grabbed milk, orange juice, chocolate bars and other basic foods.

As i was getting in the cue to pay ashton spoke up. "Evie?" "Yes ash?" "Can i get a magasine pleaseeeee" he asked. "Ash, i dont have a lot of money right now. "Mama pleaseeee" he begged. "Fine" i sighed. "Leo can you get one of the marvel magazines?" He went over to it and placed it in the trolly. "Thanks mama" i smiled down at him.

"Ok, that is 120 pounds please" the old man spoke. I handed him a food stamp card and i heard a woman behind me snicker. I didn't do anything because I'm better than that and he scanned it. "That is 100 pounds now" i handed him 5 20pound notes and left. Now i have 400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right now ashton is watching the new marvel series Loki and Bucky is asleep on the sofa next to him. Me and Leo were upstairs re arranging my small room. We put the two twin beds by the window and the crib was in the middle of it. Opposite the beds was the wardrobe and the Chest of draws. I smiled at the room and thanked Leo so much.

I was making pizza for dinner for me and the boys. Once it was ready i called them to come eat. After dinner me and Leo were cleaning the dishes whilst the boys were upstairs asleep, on the radio the song "it's been a long, long time" Leo put the plate down and offered me his hand.

I took it and placed a hand on his shoulder as he put his on my waist. We were gently swaying to the music as i lied my head on his chest.

After the song finished i got dressed into black joggers and a black long sleeved shirt. I waved Leo goodbye as he got in his car to go home and I got into my new bed.

I got under the cover and let sleep slowly overtake my body.